Status
Not open for further replies.

Secondmineboy

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
May 25, 2014
Hi,
DomainRep is a new feature of Avast, so let me explain a bit. It blocks EXE files downloads if these conditions are *all* met:
1. The file is not prevalent enough, ie. not enough Avast users launched the file yet,
2. The domain is not prevalent enough, ie. not enough Avast users downloaded (any) EXE files from the domain yet,
3. The file is not signed or Avast does not trust the signature.

Once one of these conditions are not met anymore, Avast will stop flagging the download. In other words, just wait until more people try to download the file, or digitally sign your files :).
Honza

SOURCE: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=163221.0 (See answer 3)

jim lin

Level 8
Aug 6, 2012
wow

sounds like a hassel to me since i beta test some things i would have to fight my AV software
and look for bugs at the sametime

no thank you

and you think people will listen to there AV software if thay want that file thay will just turn it off
and download anyhow

why wait for others lol

:)

James

G

Guest28

This must still be in the works with my testing i have not received one detection of domainrep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.