• Good Web Blocker

• Good Detection Rate against 500 Files

• Amazing Zero Day Protection

• Fast Scanning and Removal

• Light on System
CONS
• None
BOTTOM LINE
According to my testing’s, Avast Free Antivirus 2014 has done a great job protecting me. I honestly thought by enabling “Hardened Mode” that it would block everything I execute, but it only blocked 1 file when executing left over malware files in the malware pack. In fact, I tested it out by executing safe files like vlc media player, Slim Cleaner, Firefox, Skype, and Ashampoo WinOptimizer Free and the good news is that Avast with “Hardened Mode” enabled at “Moderate” did not block any of them. When you have “Hardened Mode” enabled at “Moderate,” you will have better protection with Avast without blocking safe applications from installing. I highly recommend Avast Free Antivirus 2014 with “Hardened Mode” enabled at “Moderate.”

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.