Avast Free Antivirus, Internet Security Get Windows 10 Improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sinu

Thread author
So an update released today is supposed to do just that: improve the performance of Avast apps on Windows 10 and make them run more smoothly and without bugs.

Avast Free Antivirus and Avast Internet Security have thus reached version 10.4.2233 R4, which, according to the official change log, brings several fixes aimed at Windows 10 users.

First and foremost, this new version comes with better server selection list in SecureLine, but as far as Windows 10 PCs are concerned, it includes fixes for problems with HTTPS certificates in Firefox after the upgrade to the new OS and resolves issues that might cause the firewall to fail to start after installing the new OS.

At the same time, it also includes fixes for payment gates issues, while also repairing problems with Outlook 2003 context menu after installing Avast Antivirus.

Needless to say, this update is a must for those who are running any of the two aforementioned security apps and upgraded to Windows 10

Reactions: XhenEd
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Avast Free AV - Couple changes I noticed on GUI -
There is a new option "Privacy" in the settings - 2 options are there under privacy - Participate in Avast community & Participate in data sharing.
HIPS - Previously there were 2 options - Monitor malware-like behavior & Monitor unauthorized behavior. They have removed the option "Monitor unauthorized behavior".

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Maybe the recoding to implement it is arduous, maybe they will do it for next year version.

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
AMSI simple and easy explanation, please?

Tnx :rolleyes:

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
This is total speculation on my part as I am certainly not involved in coding of any AV, but I wonder if there would have to be a separate product for Win10 that is linked to AMSI; and with W10 uptake only being about 6% currently the Game isn't worth the Candle for the developers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.