App Review Avast! Internet Security 2015 Test with Max Settings

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
Good review liked the music as well, funny how HMP detected Avast setup as a trojan.:D

Regards Eck:)

Reactions: MalwareT

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
well at least bd detected something for a change...thanks for the vid

From my experience, Bitdefener (free editions) the past year or two, dectected 1 virus, 4 trojans and a malware on two of my home computers. Better detecting then other AV's I tried.

Also blocked a website containing a ransomware file used for testing.

So far, only 1 false positive. Although it could have been a problem, but I deleted it because it was a file I don't use or need. (PeoplePC file)

Avira is not bad either, but I think a bit of false positives with my scan.

Avast started using OpenCandy since this year right?

I don't have Avast installed, but Malwarebytes found a PUP... Open Candy, I think I deleted it from quarentine, is this a vaild file? It seemed like junkware... :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.