Mini Spy

Latest Threads

1. HitmanPro CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAY: REVO UNINSTALLER PRO GIVEAWAY

Get a free license key for Revo Uninstaller Pro. We are giving away free Revo Uninstaller Pro keys for our awesome members!

(LIVE) Get now a Revo Uninstaller Pro license key!

2. CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAY: SPYSHELTER PREMIUM GIVEAWAY

Get a free license key for SpyShelter Premium. We are giving away free SpyShelter Premium keys for our awesome members!

(LIVE) Get now a SpyShelter Premium license key!

Avast Internet Security 8 or Comodo Internet Security 6.1

Discussion in 'War Room' started by Nikos751, May 16, 2013.

?

Comodo IS 6.1 vs Avast IS 8

1. Comodo IS 6.1

69.2%
  2. Avast IS 8

15.4%
  3. Cannot choose, practically the same protection is offered by both.

15.4%
  1. Nikos751

Nikos751 Active Member

I have a license of Avast IS 8 for three years by recommending Avast! to others. What do you suggest to keep on my PC? In personal vm testing using samples from malware hub, Comodo seems better to me but in real world I 've only used Avast free for some years and I was very satisfied. Waiting for your experiences, views, etc.

2. ZeroDay

ZeroDay Guest

If you don't mind interacting with Comodo I'd go with that, this is just my personal opinion but I believe Cis to be the better choice of the two.

3. Nikos751

Nikos751 Active Member

I currently have CIS installed xD ; I ask because it may be a pity that I have a paid version of Avast that it's not used and it may be better in real world. I don't believe it either, but I 'm not sure so I ask here.

4. Huracan

Huracan Administrator MalwareTips Staff

From my experience, although I used Avast 7 (at the time), both Paid and Free provide same levels of protection with the except of the Manual Sandbox and other various components that are packed in the suite. Whether you use them or not, is up to you.

However, the main features of Avast Free will be present and standard in Avast Internet Security meaning, unless you use the additional features, you're better of using Avast Free.

PS: I can only speculate Avast 8 Paid doesn't provide extra benefits over Avast 8 Free in terms of default protection.

5. Nikos751

Nikos751 Active Member

In fact the main difference is the firewall. I dont know if that matters but I tested windows firewall (default settings) and Avast firewall (IS) using the Comodo leak tests suite. Results with Avast were better. I 've posted the results in a previous post of mine-don't remember where.

6. Seany007

Seany007 New Member

I would feel 'naked' using just AIS.

It has to be CIS for me. Avast don't protect against buffer over-flow. Avast don't have HIPS only BS which needs an improvement. Avast sandbox still needs an improvement. Avast firewall still needs an improvement.

Also CIS after all is a choice with advanced users because you can make it work the way you like.

That's my personal view on it. I don't state these points as facts.

But at the end of the day use what you like the most. Simple.

7. jamescv7

jamescv7 Community Superstar Trusted Member

In terms of protection, you may consider CIS.

Avast IS is fine however its just same as other suites when needed those certain features.

8. Gnosis

Gnosis Well-Known Member

I go with CIS 6, or Avast free with Win 7/Comodo Firewall. Enough said.
    I would not pay for AIS in light of that.

9. Nikos751

Nikos751 Active Member

Hmm.. most probably I 'll stay with CIS.