Avast keeps detecting self-written programs as Win32:Evo-gen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelton2

Thread author
Feb 27, 2015
Title. I'm a C++ beginner, and avast randomly stops the compile of my programs and detects them as the above. I have to add everything it does this for to the scan exclusion list, which gets annoying. Is there any way to fix this besides sending in a false positive report for everything and hoping something is done?
Additional details;
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Avast Free 2015, all up to date
Using Dev-Cpp as IDE, with the default compiler

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
What does the threat name shown when detected by Avast? Cause that may pertains to the heuristics which you can set as low, but if still persist then you need to exclude the program both realtime and file scan methods.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
This happened with Qihoo for me.

Store all your programs inside a folder, and set the folder to the exclusion list.

Reactions: yigido and Kelton2

Kelton2

Thread author
Feb 27, 2015
What does the threat name shown when detected by Avast? Cause that may pertains to the heuristics which you can set as low, but if still persist then you need to exclude the program both realtime and file scan methods.
I already said: Win32:Evo-gen.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Kelton2 : Sorry I didn't check the title as I've scan the post rapidly and formulate a solution as possible. :)

Anyway a brief research to this problem came existed by some users who engage in programming using that compiler.

Solutions are like as follows:

1) Set the autosandbox to ask
2) Uncheck "file prevalence/reputation is low" on Autosandbox settings

If pertains on sandbox but since its suspicious detection then:

According to this link:
http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/articles/7312/
3) It may cause the problem on source code used like "system" for calling.