Battle Avast Online Security vs Avira Browser Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
I was checking out, browsing the chrome web store for security extensions, when I got two extensions, Avast Online Security and Avira Browser Safety, which both were light, and had the functions that I liked. Now, memory and CPU isn't big issue, as long as it uses less than 100 MB of RAM and 3 CPU, so which one is an overall winner/one you prefer?

Reactions: FreddyFreeloader

legendcampos

Level 6
Verified
Aug 22, 2014
I usage, Avast Online + ABE + Disconnect.

low consumption of memory -->
XEPaxnTl.jpg

Last edited:

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
Will McAfee Site Advisor:

1. Work on Chromium Builds?
2. Nag about buying McAfee?
3. Offer Comprehensive Protection?

If all 3 are yes, then I will give it a try.

Reactions: Kent

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Will McAfee Site Advisor:

1. Work on Chromium Builds?
2. Nag about buying McAfee?
3. Offer Comprehensive Protection?

If all 3 are yes, then I will give it a try.

It's real unfortunate that members who voted for McAfee SiteAdvisor cannot understand the "Please explain" part of the Poll, but will a drop a Like for each others posts.

Back on topic, SiteAdvisor has a free and paid versions available, the Live version is a yearly subscription,
http://www.siteadvisor.com/download/windows.html (Bottom for comparisons), which appears to offer more. However, free versions should be sufficient with a good AV and a secure web browser.

I've not tested the free version in a very long time, so I cannot comment in regards to compatibility with Chromium-based browsers or if it's nagware.

Untitled.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.