Battle Avast vs comodo

Status
Not open for further replies.

woox

Thread author
Aug 31, 2013
Which option would provide better protection?
Avast free + comodo firewall
or
comodo internet security

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
pretty much equal i would say.its a tough question but i like all in one software so i would choose comodo internet security.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
One thing I noticed you kept Comodo in the discussion (Emsisoft vs Comodo) and now (Avast vs Comodo), so are considering about using Comodo?

So I'll say this, if you're looking for the better Behaviour Blocker, then Emsisoft AM can provide that. Although it may be more talkative.
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Comodo-Internet-Security-vs-Emsisoft-Internet-Security-Pack?pid=134215#pid134215

kjdemuth

Level 9
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
Avast free + comodo firewall. Avast free adds the web and network shield. These alone plus Avast has evo gen sigs makes it a better choice than CIS full suite. Once avast 9 comes out it will be even better.

DaZa9

Level 8
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
Avast caused a lot of issue on my computer. Have tested all the anti-viruses software out there.
Now thinking to stick with Comodo Internet Security Premium because of:

-Its FREE!
-great detection rate.
-great firewall.
-Strong HIPS
-Very very light on resources (RAM Usage) Proof.
-Cool User Interface.

and more... just give it a try!

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I found Comodo having a problem with FPs and flagging safe files to be sandboxed automatically. I think they should implement a file/reputation scan (similar to OA Firewall) before activating it's protection to stop legitimate files from being sandboxed (ie. straight after installation).

dwarfin

Level 1
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
CIS for sure.
Strong HIPS, good firewall, light on resources, not bad av. I think its more complex than avast, but it also need more knowledge about your environment, applications.

kjdemuth

Level 9
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
Earth said:
I found Comodo having a problem with FPs and flagging safe files to be sandboxed automatically. I think they should implement a file/reputation scan (similar to OA Firewall) before activating it's protection to stop legitimate files from being sandboxed (ie. straight after installation).
The do have a file scan. It's under general task and then scan. It will give you a list of files that are running and whether or not trusted. As far as automatically sandboxed items you can set trust all installers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.