Product name
Avast vs ESET vs Comodo vs Emsisoft (detection ratio test) by PC Security

phyniks

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Nov 17, 2013
Thanks,but
Comodo better than ESET on detection of new malwares??!!! I doubt that.

Comodo may have better "protection" score just because it sandboxes every unknown file,but its database cannot cope with ESET.

Just see any post on MalwareHub and you ll see ESET is far better on detection of new malwares.

Reactions: Lailson

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Thanks,but
Comodo better than ESET on detection of new malwares??!!! I doubt that.

Comodo may have better "protection" score just because it sandboxes every unknown file,but its database cannot cope with ESET.

Just see any post on MalwareHub and you ll see ESET is far better on detection of new malwares.

He did not use cis he used cce total different stuff & the funny thing is comodo has an av:confused:

phyniks

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Nov 17, 2013
same signatures :)

If signatures are the same,I go to my first sentences....ESET database if far better than Comodo

Emsisoft the best: predictable
ESET better than Avast: accepted

Comodo better than ESET: well.....test it again please.

Last edited:

Lailson

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 3, 2014
As said above, is just one isolated test.
ESET yes, it is better (much better) that Comodo Av (nowadays is declining every day more and more, has been good in a near past). These discrepancies in tests happen. In this test there was a result, Av and Av Comparatives test has another, Virus Exchange has another part.
I use ESET SS7 note in my head, and my oldest Emsisoft the other, and I can assure you both make a magnificent work.
For me ESET = Emsisoft => Avast > abyss > Comodo Av (It was not an offense to fanboys Comodo) :D

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
eset is better than all!

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
eset>emsisoft>comodo>>>>>>avast

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
It's just one test, don't take it too seriously.

I was wondering why didn't he use comodo av? Cause if he had used emsisoft kit it will have me offset cause i know for sure that EAM detects more files than the kit.:( But in comodo av case ah wello_O

Reactions: Venustus
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.