AVC.png
    137.7 KB · Views: 412

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
F-secure block unknown files by default, deepguard block all the exe. according my tests. I think that is almost the same as Comodo more or less.
however comodo isolate, F-Secure block.

Last edited:

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
I don't know how accurate this test is, I'm using Avast Free and I don't see FP. Also the "Gen" / BB detection is amazing

Reactions: Daniel Hidalgo
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
F-secure block unknown files by default, deepguard block all the exe. according my tests. I think that is almost the same as Comodo more or less.
however comodo isolate, F-Secure block.
What about Emsisoft? Its user dependent block are many...is it like HIPS or BB?

Bitdefender is excellent & automatic...not user dependent.

Last edited by a moderator:

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Kaspersky had better times, but shoukld get better with their 2016 versions :)

Not bad at all, taking into account that this is only the heuristic detection part of the protection, no cloud services, and Kaspersky heuristics never was so paranoid :)

Also with a few tweaks of KIS Application Control You can strengthen and improve protection of the system.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
My thoughts:

The overall test seems to be accurate because Bitdefender itself is totally strong on their Behavior's AVC and other components for detection; if you will review those numerous videos where shows an immediate action response.

But does same for Trend Micro which a good potential to be include in the test.

But still behavior's no user interaction can be dangerous especially when hits an FP; that's why a balance user interaction like Emsisoft done (default settings: Quarantine) on said purpose because we need to assure that the user agree on pop up description. *

* Even though most of AV's improve very well on that said BB; better yet an equilibrium concept should be concern.

BB are equivalent on suspicious alerts therefore a user interaction is needed.

FleischmannTV

Level 7
Verified
Honorary Member
Well-known
Jun 12, 2014
I have witnessed that most people did not read the methodology of this specific test carefully enough before commenting on it. This test is conducted offline, hence no cloud assistance is available. This will lead to more false alarms, because the cloud can't tell the AV that the file is safe, as well more user dependent decisions. So in real-life, you can expect less false alarms and user dependent decisions than in this test. If they did the test online, it would have been another real-world-protection test.

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
It seems that AV-C's report does not state the OS on which this test is conducted.
I think this is an important issue because the behavior block capability of some specific products are weakened in 64-bit OS.
For example, I hear that BD's IDS cannot work in 64-bit OS.
So, the test results in 64-bit platform may be different from the test results in 32-bit platform.
I hope to know that whether BD could be still rank-1 when tested in 64-bit OS.
In addition, I am also curious about the behavior block capability of Emsisoft in 64-bit OS, because the executable files of Emsisoft, such as a2guard.exe and a2service.exe, only have 32-bit version. Would this significantly weaken its behavior blocker, or not?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.