Status
Not open for further replies.

SkrilexTT

Thread author
Sep 2, 2015
Hello When i open do download the new version of Avetix i found this :
is there anyone to know what is happening i really like this program :(

Dear User,

Thank you for choosing Avetix as your computer security provider.
We regret to inform you that changes in our product portfolio have prompted us to discontinue our antivirus solutions starting September 30, 2015. This means that Avetix Antivirus will no longer function properly.

Thus, we advise you to remove it from your computer by then.
If you own an “Avetix Pro” licence, you will not need to remove it, as it will continue to receive regular virus signature updates until the expiration date of your licence.

However, it may become vulnerable to other online threats.
As we would like to make sure you stay safe online, please allow us to recommend you Bitdefender, our technology partner’s antivirus solutions, available here Bitdefender Antivirus Software.

Apologies for any inconvenience and thank you for understanding!

Avetix Antivirus Team

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
Hello When i open do download the new version of Avetix i found this :
is there anyone to know what is happening i really like this program :(

Dear User,

Thank you for choosing Avetix as your computer security provider.
We regret to inform you that changes in our product portfolio have prompted us to discontinue our antivirus solutions starting September 30, 2015. This means that Avetix Antivirus will no longer function properly.

Thus, we advise you to remove it from your computer by then.
If you own an “Avetix Pro” licence, you will not need to remove it, as it will continue to receive regular virus signature updates until the expiration date of your licence.

However, it may become vulnerable to other online threats.
As we would like to make sure you stay safe online, please allow us to recommend you Bitdefender, our technology partner’s antivirus solutions, available here Bitdefender Antivirus Software.

Apologies for any inconvenience and thank you for understanding!

Avetix Antivirus Team

I think the message says it all. Avetix is closing down, which means that you can still probably use it, just no security updates (these are updates that allow the software to detect newborn viruses) which means that it will be seriously outdated.

If you have Avetix Pro then you WILL get signature updates but no software updates (which are updates that introduce new functionality/patch holes in your software) which means that technically hackers can now exploit your AV.

So unfortunately you will need to find another Antivirus :(

I would recommend:

Free: Avast Free Antivirus

Avira Free Antivirus

Paid:
Kaspersky Antivirus

ESET NOD32 Smart Security Antivirus

EDIT: Psst you should introduce yourself in the New Member Intros. Welcome to MT :)

And also you can enter the MT Giveaway for Norton Antivirus 2015. 5 Winners will be selected later this month/next month and given a free copy of Norton Antivirus :)

If you need a Webroot key I think I have one so PM me if you need.
I've never heard of it nor does it look like a professional/reputable AV solution - but yet that's just my opinion.

It's not rogue but I've never heard of it earlier

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.