App Review Avetix Free Antivirus 2014

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
M

Manzai

Thread author

Good:

+ UI
+ Good detection rate (Bitdefender engine)
+ Light

Bad:

- Ransomware

Conclusion : Avetix is a new software that I can recommend.
It uses Bitdefender, its detection rate is good.
Avetix missed a Ransomware, but be aware that these malware are very difficult to detect.

Star 3/5 => Good

@xxtoss23 requests

M

Manzai

Thread author
"lot of " so its several folders missed !!

Avetix uses Bitdefender engine, the detection rate is good. Do you have a link for the malware pack ?

I must admit i dont really take much notice of these antivirus things but Avast is really as light as a feather and combined with comodo firewall its awsome what hardened mode do you recommend?

Without Comodo Firewall (conflict)

Reactions: FreddyFreeloader

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Really avast would be the 1st option for me if i ever want to use a free av as because its good features, good detection & now its Hardened Mode is really very nice.

The only thing i don't like is its UI. Most of the user might UI like avast UI, but i don't. I like it UI is terms of Graphical Effects, but surely it show ads that i hate. & when it offer to upgrade to its Paid Security suite which i don't like at all.

S

Sr. Normal

Thread author
Thanks again . Another big test.
For an old computer with 1Gb RAM with Privatefirewall , running in XP, can be a good alternative to Panda, Bitdefendfer free ...
How do you see it ?
Thank you all and I hope you have a good day

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Thanks again . Another big test.
For an old computer with 1Gb RAM with Privatefirewall , running in XP, can be a good alternative to Panda, Bitdefendfer free ...
How do you see it ?
Thank you all and I hope you have a good day

I heard that Panda and Bitdefender are the AVtests number #1, for old WinXP systems performance and protection.
http://www.av-test.org/en/news/news-single-view/this-is-how-well-security-packages-protect-porous-xp-systems/

Also Qihoo 360 is considered very good, (never tried it)

As far as light on RAM, Unthreat works great on a Windows XP - 512RAM. It's like MSE with a better (Viper) engine and even lighter.

If you use more then one PC, you should try different AV's on each, and see what works.

Reactions: Behold Eck
S

Sr. Normal

Thread author
I heard that Panda and Bitdefender are the AVtests number #1, for old WinXP systems performance and protection.
http://www.av-test.org/en/news/news-single-view/this-is-how-well-security-packages-protect-porous-xp-systems/

Also Qihoo 360 is considered very good, (never tried it)

As far as light on RAM, Unthreat works great on a Windows XP - 512RAM. It's like MSE with a better (Viper) engine and even lighter.

If you use more then one PC, you should try different AV's on each, and see what works.

Thank you, very well explained .

I'm curious to see UnThreat running. All I know it is for recommendations , but I've never seen it working. Begin Perhaps for him, although I think it will end with the Panda

Have a good day

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Avetix antivirus free
Can it be recommended as a secondary antivirus?

And what is the signature size usually?
Is it small or big?

I don't think so it can be a companion AV (use as experimental within own risk) due to the fact its registered on Action Center and drivers are unsure for colliding another security product.

MC3HkHV.png

Pretty small but it just a little bit more time to finish the updates.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.