Mini Spy

Latest Threads

1. Warning Welcome to MalwareTips.com, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn about PC security and computers.
    As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but you can not create new threads or reply to an existing one unless you are a registered member. By joining our free community you will have access to post threads, start private conversations with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features.
    Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join us today!
  2. Emsisoft  Mobile Security GiveawayEXCLUSIVE MalwareTips.com: Emsisoft Mobile Security Giveaway

Get a free license key for Emsisoft Mobile Security to protect your Android smartphone. We are giving away Emsisoft Mobile Security license keys for our awesome members!

Get an Emsisoft Mobile Security license key!

3. Zemana AntiLogger Unlimited GiveawayEXCLUSIVE: Zemana AntiLogger Giveaway

Get a free license key for Zemana AntiLogger. We are giving away 300 Zemana AntiLogger license keys for our awesome members!

Get a Zemana AntiLogger license key!

4.  NoVirusThanks EXE GiveawayEXCLUSIVE MalwareTips.com : NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro Giveaway

Get a free license key for NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro. We are giving away NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro license keys for our awesome members!

Get a NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro license key!

5. ZoneAlarm 2015 Extreme Security GiveawayEXCLUSIVE MalwareTips.com:ZoneAlarm 2015 Extreme Security Giveaway

Get a free license key for ZoneAlarm 2015 Extreme Security. We are giving away ZoneAlarm 2015 Extreme Security license keys for our awesome members!

Get a ZoneAlarm 2015 Extreme Security license key!

6. Windows XP End Of Support

After 12 years, support for Windows XP has ended on April 8, 2014. There will be no more security updates or technical support for the Windows XP operating system. Without critical Windows XP security updates, your PC may become vulnerable to harmful viruses, spyware, and other malicious software which can steal or damage your business data and information. Many software vendors will no longer support their products running on Windows XP as they are unable to receive Windows XP updates. Most PC hardware manufacturers will stop supporting Windows XP on existing and new hardware.

7. Tip of the Day Always keep an eye on what you click and download, including music, movies, files, browser plug-ins or add-ons
    Be wary of pop-up windows that ask you to download software or that offer to fix your computer. Often these pop-ups will claim that your computer has been infected and that their download can fix it – don’t believe them. Close the window and make sure you don’t click inside the pop-up window. Do not open files of unknown types, or if you see unfamiliar browser prompts or warnings asking you to open a file. Sometimes malware may prevent you from leaving a page if you land on it, for example by repeatedly opening a download prompt. If this happens, use your computer’s task manager or activity monitor to close your browser.

AVG, Avast, or COMODO?

Discussion in 'War Room' started by gbpackerfan, Jan 18, 2012.

?

Avast IS 6 vs AVG IS 2012 vs CIS 5 ?

1. Avast! Internet Security 6

18 vote(s)
    31.6%
  2. Comodo Internet Security 5

34 vote(s)
    59.6%
  3. AVG Internet Security 2012

5 vote(s)
    8.8%
  1. gbpackerfan

gbpackerfan Regular Member

I'm killing myself by not being able to decide. Which internet security is better? I'm currently using COMODO, and I'm just curious if there's anything better.
  2. win7holic

win7holic

Absolutely, I chose Avast.
    but, if you want more options or want more detail. you can use Comodo Internet Security (the firewall is strong with alot settings)
  3. McLovin

McLovin Active Member

Well, again up to personal choice but when you are meaning AVG, Avast or Comodo are you meaning the Internet Security or the just the AV?

If I had to choose out of the them it would have to be Avast + Comodo Firewall, because of Avast great detection rate and Comodo's Firewall, they make a great combination.

My choice Avast + Comodo Firewall.
  4. gbpackerfan

Oh, I'm sorry, I meant internet security.
  5. McLovin

McLovin Active Member

Well, in that case then my choice would still be the same, Avast + Comodo Firewall.
  6. gbpackerfan

Oh, okay. Also, do you know which internet securities are the lightest on your computer? Cause my computer has a tiny ram and hard drive!
  7. jamescv7

jamescv7 Active Member

Well for Internet Suite I would go for Comodo Internet Security since it packs with decent features also if you are an advance user too.
  8. ocsi

ocsi Regular Member

My choice Comodo IS.
  9. woomera

woomera Regular Member

also avast + comodo firewall with defense+ enabled.
  10. Nathan Wootton

Nathan Wootton Regular Member

Well Avg for me
  11. Littlebits

Littlebits Super Moderator Staff Member

It is impossible for any of us to give your good advice without knowing more about the complete situation.

There is not such a thing as better. It all depends on your user experience, your computer habits, your computer specifications, software and hardware compatibility, how often your get infections, etc.

The most simple solution with good protection would be Avast with Windows default firewall.

What is your current security setup and is it effectively protection you?

Thanks.:D
  12. muhammadariif

muhammadariif Regular Member

My choice is Comodo, if you are looking for software that is easy to use you should try Avast.
  13. ZeroDay

ZeroDay Guest

My choice is also Comodo.
  14. WinAndLinuxTutorials

WinAndLinuxTutorials Active Member

All these suites are good (Don't Forget Common Sense).
    Avast: Beginner
    AVG: Intermediate
    COMODO: Advanced
  15. win7holic

win7holic

Avast: Beginner?
    i think, Avast and AVG would be same. for standard users, which want install and forget.
  16. Linuxfever

Linuxfever Well-Known Member Trusted Advisor

Avast Internet Security for non-experienced user and Comodo Internet Security for medium and advanced users.
    AVG needs some improvements before being a real option.
  17. WinAndLinuxTutorials

WinAndLinuxTutorials Active Member

In my opinion:
    Avast is much more simple than AVG. Let's get an example of a virus alert, AVG requires user interaction, where Avast doesn't (This have advantages and disadvantages). I also find Avast's GUI to be more clear, making it more user friendly than AVG.
  18. Valentin N

Valentin N Regular Member

If you want all-in-one suite, then Comodo without question but if you like to combine or just an AV, then avast. If you don't mind having more advanced AV then go for Comodo AV.

Test it in virtual machine and see if you come along with it (I am not only thinking of malware testing!)
  19. Dejan

Dejan

Don't use AVG, it's just a bloated resource hog, even now.
    Avast's antivirus is definitely one of the best, if not the best, free security products out there (of those I've tried already).
    Comodo has some good free products as well, primarily it's firewall. I usually used Avast's free AV with Comodo Firewall.
  20. House_maniac

House_maniac Regular Member

i would choose comodo,as its been really good till now and i like the improvements they made mainly with the av ;)