• Fast Scanning

• Light on System
CONS
• Pretty Heavy on Ram

• Not the Hottest on Web Blocking

• Behavioral Blocker did not seem to stay consistent

• SLOW Removal!
BOTTOM LINE
According to my testing’s, Avg Free Antivirus 2014 needs work in order for them to be great. I do hope in there 2015 version they improve the disadvantages. For right now, I will not recommend AVG Free Antivirus 2014 to users who are looking for a free antivirus.

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Great review.

Even I felt the same when I used AVG.

The removal process is pretty slow ( still ahead of MSE :p). Also sometimes it caches but not able to remove.
Link Scanner is not that much good.
There is no option for Quick/Full Scan. But the whole system scan is fastest ( except for the 1st scan).
Quick response. After inserting infected USB it started detected instantly.
Ui is pretty neat.
On my system AVG felt very light, but I haven't checked the RAM usage. I have plenty of it :p
Did not like the advertisement for paid product. Though if you remove the banner folder it won't come anymore :D
Not much effect on boot time.
Not much effect on Outlook.

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
AVG is light.
but its good software.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.