App Review AVG Free Antivirus 2015 Final Version (Manzaitest)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
M

Manzai

Thread author

Average result for AVG
In URL, AVG block many files.
On the pack, AVG detects 19 malwares in scan.
In the Run, a few malware is blocked by AVG Identity Protection but AVG miss many active malware.
The compulter is infected by Trojan and Zbot (Windows Firewall block this connection by explorer.exe and taskhost.exe )

Stars : 2,5/5 => Average

xxtoss23

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
not the song again X_X nice review Manzai i dont use avg Free Antivirus i use my Norton Security Suite avg need to improve

Reactions: Manzai

phyniks

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Nov 17, 2013
I tried the final version....
Nice GUI
Light

struggled to quarantine a 5mb adware (on extraction of a malware pack with three files).....Finally quarantined it after three similar alerts ( and about 1.5 min)

Thanks for the review

R

RevolutionSphere

Thread author
Great test, always room for improvement for AVG

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Manzai

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.