EXCELENTE

CNJJ

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
May 7, 2014
Hello
For 3 years I was using the antivirus Comodo Internet security in all its
versions until the last one was the version 8, but it turns out became very intrusive affecting programs, ie all seen as unknowns and blocks and at one time cansé.Creo me Comodo should fix this situation, in As detection rate is low and should be improved. Given all this I had to uninstall Comodo Internet Security with great difficulty.
Now I am using a super powerful antivirus AVG Security Internt 2015, is a real gem, detecting all kinds of intrusions; This antivirus is really fantastic, impresionante.Para me is the best I've used, I propado from Kasperky. nod32 avira, avast, bitdefender, But AVG leads ahead.
I wanted to share my experience.
See you soon.

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Hello
For 3 years I was using the antivirus Comodo Internet security in all its
versions until the last one was the version 8, but it turns out became very intrusive affecting programs, ie all seen as unknowns and blocks and at one time cansé.Creo me Comodo should fix this situation, in As detection rate is low and should be improved. Given all this I had to uninstall Comodo Internet Security with great difficulty.
Now I am using a super powerful antivirus AVG Security Internt 2015, is a real gem, detecting all kinds of intrusions; This antivirus is really fantastic, impresionante.Para me is the best I've used, I propado from Kasperky. nod32 avira, avast, bitdefender, But AVG leads ahead.
I wanted to share my experience.
See you soon.
I think that there are better av but its your opinion

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
yep, avg is good and continues to improve.
is one of the best softwares for me, I used many years without any problem.
(fue mi primer antivirus en la version 9. creo que fue de las mejores...)
was my first antivirus , version 9 , I believe it was the best.

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
thanks for sharing
for me i never had a luck with avg

Honestly me neither lol,

AVG the newest 2015 free one... I tested and wanted to use it, but it ran clunky and heavy compared to the smooth + light CIS 8 or ... MSE, or Bitdefender free, or pretty much everything else ;)

AVG would be my last paid or free choice right now. It made my computer react strange and I couldn't figure out what the RAM was doing up and down and a slowish boot up, which takes too long to get to the welcome screen. :\

I wanted to try AVG again and be proved wrong, but it got much worser IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: nissimezra

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
Honestly, AVG the newest 2015 free one... I tested and it ran clunky and heavy compared to the smooth + light CIS 8 or ... MSE, or Bitdefender free, or pretty much everything else ;)

AVG would be my last paid or free choice right now. It made my computer react strange and I couldn't figure out what the RAM was doing up and down and a slowish boot up, which takes too long to get to the welcome screen. :\

I wanted to try AVG again and be proved wrong, but it got much worser IMO.
we use to say better to install a virus than AVG. its still the same as it was 8 years a go, once you install it you killed your OS.

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Oh AVG was installed on both computers gotten from a friend and on eBay and yep... a strange AV! slow boot 72 seconds, and removed it went down to 45.

After Installing, prompted a chkdsk screen after rebooting, probably asking WHY, and what happened to drive C?! ;)

Removing AVG 2015, caused problems which I had to re-install windows, yep.. Virus-like.

2 years ago, my brother tried updating AVG, and it failed... and he said sarcasticly, Jake get this crap off of here and I'll use MSE :)

Last edited:

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
we use to say better to install a virus than AVG. its still the same as it was 8 years a go, once you install it you killed your OS.

There's truth to that, I found out, figured I would just uninstall AVG and try a new one, and the new one adapted the same problems, and Desktop/USB icons would dissapear for minutes at a time, which didn't happen before... plus memory leaks etc.

For some odd reason AVG got jealous of my clean PC, and took a vaild windows recovery file and tossed it into the virus vault, (without me knowing)... I restored it ok but it should be set to ask what to do after a scan, especially since it was a FP.

Last edited:

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
that's the main problem with AVG, once you install you can't remove it. you could try AVG removal tool you might get lucky. usually the only way to get rid of it is re-install

Reactions: JakeXPMan

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
There's truth to that, I found out, figured I would just uninstall AVG and try a new one, and the new one adapted the same problems, and Desktop/USB icons would dissapear for minutes at a time, which didn't happen before... plus memory leaks etc.

For some odd reason AVG got jealous of my clean PC, and took a vaild windows recovery file and tossed it into the virus vault, (without me knowing)... I restored it ok but it should be set to ask what to do after a scan, especially since it was a FP.

Sorry Jake but your all your valiant but futile efforts to totally embrace AVG made me laugh, I guess it was never mean`t to be alas.You sure gave it your best shot though.:D

I had a similar experiance with Emsisoft once due to a conflict with Sandboxie so it was goodbye Emsisoft with luckly no damage done.:eek:

Regards Eck:)

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
You can use Emsisoft Free Emergency Kit! Just what antivirus are you using with SandBoxie?
Because, I am using Sandboxie too! I am finding that SandBoxie has a-lot conflict/problems
with different AV's.

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Sorry Jake but your all your valiant but futile efforts to totally embrace AVG made me laugh, I guess it was never mean`t to be alas.You sure gave it your best shot though.:D

I had a similar experiance with Emsisoft once due to a conflict with Sandboxie so it was goodbye Emsisoft with luckly no damage done.:eek:

LOL, yes futile is the word... good to hear no damage went on with Emsisofts conflict, and don' let the "shutdown screen" hit you on the A$$ Emsi! ;) o_O

It's a fact, ...in order for an Antivirus to move in and make a new installation home to live in, the software has to introduce itself and play friendly with the system and its resources, if not it can be a lot of fighting and valuables broken in the HD hallways. Get out AVG! You're a bully :rolleyes:

Comodo IS 8 is back on my ol' PC, its friendly and loyal w/its firewall bodygaurd... and I shouldn't have asked it to move out in the first place. :confused::):p

Reactions: Behold Eck

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
LOL, yes futile is the word... good to hear no damage went on with Emsisofts conflict, and don' let the "shutdown screen" hit you on the A$$ Emsi! ;) o_O

It's a fact, ...in order for an Antivirus to move in and make a new installation home to live in, the software has to introduce itself and play friendly with the system and its resources, if not it can be a lot of fighting and valuables broken in the HD hallways. Get out AVG! You're a bully :rolleyes:

Comodo IS 8 is back on my ol' PC, its friendly and loyal w/its firewall bodygaurd... and I shouldn't have asked it to move out in the first place. :confused::):p

Yeah Comodo has never gave me any problems so good choice.;)

As for my own system if disagrees with Sandboxie then I show it the door immediately.It`s funny though how some programs play hell with one system and works fine on another and that goes for hardware as well.

Reactions: JakeXPMan and Moose

CNJJ

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
May 7, 2014
Hello
I Have come to the conclusion that AVG is very superior to Comfortable Internet Security 8; AVG is very
powerful, has an excellent firewall. Only rescatable of Comfortable is his firewall, because his antivirus
has a rate of detecciòn low, about 90 % approximately. Better than his antivirus it is the Comfortable
Cleanning Esential (I use it in ocaciones). Probably in the future return to Comfortably, when they
improve his rate of detection and do not return very intruder, blocking program legitimate as suspects
ocacionando the evil functioning of the same one. With AVG I have sailed along the pages màs dangerously
and always it protects me, detecting the threats.
Up to soon.

Reactions: JakeXPMan

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.