Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
What is Threat Labs & Why did AVG build it?

Threat Labs is AVG’s latest security tool, continuing our commitment to malware and virus detection and eradication. With an Internet security and protection policy built heavily around the concept of 'scan before you leap', AVG Threat Labs offers the same kind of pre-click analysis as our unique LinkScanner® real-time surf and search technology, though at a far more comprehensive level.

AVG Threat Labs is a fast and easy route to website security, offering quick search functionality with its 'Big Search' URL address box, as well as clear and comprehensive website security reports presented in a simple-to-follow graphical format.

More Info and About

Site Reports

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
malwaretips.com is safe.Yeeey! :shy:

I rarely use a website to check another site...and when I do , I usually use URLVoid...., the main reason why I won't use/visit this site is the simple fact that I have a browser add-on called WOT that does the same job with no effort need it from my side.
My suggestion for AVG would be to build/release a free site advisor because using a site to check another site is "the way of the past" (for regular users) .As for the 'scan before you leap' concept ...this is the 'century of speed',only a few actually have the time or patience to scan before they leap. :p

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Their website is actually good, from details about the website and rated by Green, Yellow and Red on the specific site.

Like facebook.com its was flagged with cautious due to some facebook application are malicious which is actually true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.