Not open for further replies.

SillyBilly299

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 26, 2015
Hello. I'm having licenses for both of them. And I'm wondering which one of them I should choose. So which one is better?

Reactions: Logethica
S

starchild76

Trendmicro has a better looking interface and their webblocker is better than the one of AVG. trend does not have its own firewall , but it has a booster , which increases the strenght of windows native firewall. AVG's firewall only monitors outbound connections ( I have set it up in interactive mode ) the are both easy to understand and quite user friendly. system impact can be heavy for AVG and trend might be lighter on the system. AVG has is good and ( more ) bad days against zeroday malware ( as most MT member know I am an AVG fanboy , but have to be honoust here ) and their Identity Protection Module is weak and is slow in reacting to upcomming threats and can be slow in removal. My hounest opinion : both have their strong and weak points , but trend has a slight advantage over AVG. just try them both and see what you like best. and feels most comfortable for you ;)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Based in numerous reference from various test including from independent organizations:

Trend Micro protection capabilities is strong which primarily focus on web based threats and its main circulated protection are from Cloud. The interface is more glassy and little bit catchy than AVG although in certain features there are almost same with cleaning tools bundled.

Its true from @starchild76 where AVG's ID are sometimes slow upon removal of threats which may result to restart for complete removal when prompt, for TM their unknown behavior analysis tends to be quick which will show blocked as per default configuration.

For more proving basis, community videos can help you about their characteristics of AVG and Trend Micro. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.