App Review Avira Free Antivirus 2015 (Manzaitest)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Impressive!!! I didn't expect so good results from Avira, they improved.
Cloud is a great feature also, i wish they could add some kind of Hips....
One thing i didn't see in the video: ''System scan'' after virus detection.......is this happened because you skipped in the video or FINALLY Avira don't scan after virus detection?

Awesome review once more, keep on rockin my friend!!!

M

Manzai

Thread author
Impressive!!! I didn't expect so good results from Avira, they improved.
Cloud is a great feature also, i wish they could add some kind of Hips....
One thing i didn't see in the video: ''System scan'' after virus detection.......is this happened because you skipped in the video or FINALLY Avira don't scan after virus detection?

Awesome review once more, keep on rockin my friend!!!

Skipped in rendering the video

Reactions: MikeV and Ulikedat

Chippel

Level 1
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
You got extra stuff like cleaner and such. Not more security but you can change the time between auto update. It is 6 hours in the free version and you can't change it.

PS: I tested Avira several days ago and I were pretty disappointed.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
i am impressed that avira free has so good web blocking and to improve their 0 day component;):D.
Manzai as always you have done a very good review which was fan to watch. Keep up the great work you are doing:)

Reactions: Ulikedat and Manzai

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
What's the difference between avira free and avira pro ?
Does avira pro have more detection rate ?

For detection rate they are just literally same with its components use, if there is a case happen then a factor that Avira Pro as some certain features included thus increase a little bit percentage.

Reactions: tonibalas

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.