Not open for further replies.

Andrew999

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
I couldn't start Comodo internet security. And I installed Baidu antivirus yesterday so I stopped realtime protection and Comodo opens so I think Baidu is causing conflicts with Comodo.

Reactions: Logethica

VladDracul

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Sep 28, 2011
I was thinking of using myself this combo,i even asked if someone use this combo and how it works
here http://malwaretips.com/threads/list-of-companion-antiviruses.12521/page-3...
In the end,i gave up,installed full suite CIS and SpyShelter free.Works great together and problems free.Some experts do believe that 2 AV's,could work together.To be honest,i don't wanna try,as more other experts in fact do believe that 2 AV's means always trouble...so i decided to join them (although i am far from an expert),as i want my PC trouble free.

Reactions: JakeXPMan
D

Deleted member 2913

I would suggest to use just CIS suite for a period of time & guess you will like it.

I have always used CIS suite & never combined it with other AV & no probs yet whatsoever & light & good.

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Andrew- As SolarLynx suggested above if you want to add another AV to Comodo don't use CIS, but CF instead. You will still get an on-access Cloud AV with Comodo Firewall; the one thing that you wouldn't get is the installation of Comodo AV on your system (CF = CIS - CAV).

I would also seriously rethink your choice of AV's. Although I am not a fan of any antivirus, some are more useless than others, Baidu being in the former category. if you want to add an AV, look to Qihoo. It works well with CF and will give you whatever you are seeking in AV use.

M

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well its pretty obvious when an AV and another AV that are not design to be companion will surely collide to have problems. Go to straightforward setup instead.

rienna

Level 2
Verified
Mar 28, 2015
Personally I'd recommend against Baidu.
After the fishy things I saw them doing on one of my computers before.
And the whole signature stealing fiasco with virus total.

Reactions: JakeXPMan

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Well its pretty obvious when an AV and another AV that are not design to be companion will surely collide to have problems. Go to straightforward setup instead.
http://antivirus.baidu.com/en/faq.php#
>Can two antivirus software programs run on my computer at the same time?
"Yes, Baidu Antivirus is perfectly compatible with other antivirus software."

Regardless of this, I would recommend using another AV. You can keep using only CIS or use CF with another free antivirus. The choice is yours.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Salutations,Friends!

> Upgrade to Windows 10 and uninstall Comodo Firewall about 3 weeks.
> Tried to install the latest Version of Comodo Firewall for Windows 10 couple week back.

> I got a message saying need to uninstall Comodo Firewall to upgrade the Comodo Firewall.
> But I already uninstall Comodo Firewall, 2 weeks, so these have to be ghosts files/folders.
> That where not uninstall with drivers ect.....

Answer from Comodo Firewall Forum below:

https://forums.comodo.com/install-s...update-cis-to-avoidfix-problems-t58620.0.html

In case somebody run into a problem with Comodo Firewall!

Kind regards,

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
http://antivirus.baidu.com/en/faq.php#
>Can two antivirus software programs run on my computer at the same time?
"Yes, Baidu Antivirus is perfectly compatible with other antivirus software."

Regardless of this, I would recommend using another AV. You can keep using only CIS or use CF with another free antivirus. The choice is yours.
Is Comodo Antivirus compatible with others, most likely not, unless both make the claim, because there are always 2 sides of a story.

Reactions: Solarlynx
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.