App Review [Battle Antivirus Test] Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 VS Eset Smart Security 7

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
M

Manzai

Thread author

Bitdefender : It detects many web, but fails on the pack.
PC blocked at the end. Star : 2/5 => Average

ESET : Same as Bitdefender Web.
On the pack, it lets one catches it at launch.
No malware in the end. Star : 5/5 => Excellent

Winner : ESET Smart Security 7

@MikeV idea :p

Y

yigido

Thread author
Why you did tweak the Bitdefender? Intrusion detection? It is not an equal battle :D
Thanks for the review ;)

Reactions: Manzai

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
ESET also delay boot/startup time, it was delaying 30-40 seconds , so i need to manually disable it GUI at start up.

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
ESET also delay boot/startup time, it was delaying 30-40 seconds , so i need to manually disable it GUI at start up.
I would not do that personally. I think Eset is scanning before things are loaded up. As in scanning in Safe Mode.:eek:

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
I would not do that personally. I think Eset is scanning before things are loaded up. As in scanning in Safe Mode.:eek:
I don't think so, if u notice in taskbar, it's ESET service who consuming memory & taking care of ESET. So I disable it's GUI at startup who showed a unnecessary flash screen after login screen & delay my boot time. Since ESET service running, ur AV is running top notch. I manually open ESET :)
Edit : taskmanager not taskbar.. oops

Last edited:
Reactions: marg
M

Manzai

Thread author
Can you please explain configuration made in ESET HIPS.

, I Guess the lost malicious file was detected by AMS.

- Host Protection
- Injector Protection
- Anti EXE protection
- Autoruns protection
- Startup Protection
- Windows protection

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
- Host Protection
- Injector Protection
- Anti EXE protection
- Autoruns protection
- Startup Protection
- Windows protection

Bro First of All, HIPS does not played any roles in the Test, But Really Configuring HIPS would make this an unfair Test, As If you can configure HIPS rule, than i would say there is not any malware will be able to bypass it.

Really I did not get it how you configured it, can you please explain me in PM in detail how you configured it.

Raul90

Level 14
Feb 5, 2012
I'll go with ESET anytime, anywhere! My only wish is that Eset may offer promo's more (well not as often as Biidefender -- almost every 6 months a new promo! You can get another free 6 months after using a later 6 month license no need to buy!). :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.