App Review [Battle Antivirus Test] Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 vs ESET Smart Security 7

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Lailson

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 3, 2014
You have already uninstalled ESET and exchanged by Kaspersky? LOL
Very little difference, thank you for this duel.
A doubt: Kaspersky has a good proactive defense? I was surprised with the result and another thing: After the initialization is completed, when you open the desktop, takes too long to open the app?
Download rules ESET please :)

Reactions: omidomi and Manzai
R

rocky

Thread author
Glad to see this from Kaspersky . I feel more confident about the 2 licenses I bought a couple days ago. This is my first experience with Kaspersky. Thanks for taking the time to put the test together.

Reactions: Manzai

sid_16

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 19, 2013
I'm using eset ss7 since last year and never encountered any virus in my PC:). IMO no antivirus can give you 100% security until and unless you surf the net carefully and remember 'your mouse click matter'.:D

BTW, good review and informative.
thanks,
sid_16.

Reactions: Manzai

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
Last edited:
M

Manzai

Thread author
Could you refer to what these rules are about? Some words just to know what's up if I apply them xD
Edit: I found out, as I just imported them. Is this .xml file only for those hips rules and potentially unsafe apps option, or you have tweaked other settings too? @Manzai
thanks!

HIPS detection : Autorun, Injection, HOSTS etc
PUP detection
Suspicious program detection (Themida etc)

Reactions: Nikos751

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.