App Review [Battle Test] Round 3 - 5 Antivirus vs Ransomware (Manzaitest)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

MikeV

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Great test once more manzai!!!!!!!!
To be honest i didn't expect Crystal Security to miss all samples.......
Emsisoft proves to be better at blocking Ransomware than G Data.....
So... 360, Comodo, Emsisoft,Tiranium are still leading this battle against the beast....

Dubseven

Level 14
Verified
Aug 12, 2013
Great test once more manzai!!!!!!!!
To be honest i didn't expect Crystal Security to miss all samples.......
Emsisoft proves to be better at blocking Ransomware than G Data.....
So... 360, Comodo, Emsisoft,Tiranium are still leading this battle against the beast....

Look like VirusTotal is bad? :D
Crystal Security is still on startup like Xvirus, they need to have more database entries before attacking battles with big companies like Avira, BitDefender etc.
Emsisoft was always the best on detection, it's my favorite with Avira ^^
G-Data is more better on trojans as i know. In this battle, it's very bad placed.

nsm0220

Level 21
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
Exactly.....Emsisoft WAS the best on detection......now it's 360, and Eset
ESET's zero day protection is not good at all...

Crystal Security is still on startup like Xvirus, they need to have more database entries before attacking battles with big companies like Avira, BitDefender etc.
G-Data is more better on trojans as i know. In this battle, it's very bad placed.
i can tell you why BBs are having a hard time with this they change it so it don't give zero day protection time to read the malware you see in video

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ulikedat

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014
@Manzai Thank you for the test.
Hmm... really interesting. From my video you can see that Crystal Security detects launched processes but it seems that it missed all launched processes in your test and I really currently don't know the issue. I'll create a developer version of Crystal Security ASAP and I hope that you can help me with some feedback. :) Really bad to see that it missed everything... :(

Regards,
Kardo

MisterToto

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
So there is no jealous! They all loose! But you can see that they detect the first except Crystal, Vipre has improved itself! Don't forget that even if they missed one they're not bad by the way! For example, Comodo detects all malware in the battle but has less detection capacity than Avira or G Data in general. You can't judge with one file. However, good job Manzaï keep going tough through reviews! ;)

Reactions: Manzai and Ulikedat

nsm0220

Level 21
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
So there is no jealous! They all loose! But you can see that they detect the first except Crystal, Vipre has improved itself! Don't forget that even if they missed one they're not bad by the way! For example, Comodo detects all malware in the battle but has less detection capacity than Avira or G Data in general. You can't judge with one file. However, good job Manzaï keep going tough through reviews! ;)
however that type of ransomware can bypass Comodo,Emsisoft,F-Secure and Qihoo and a few others if they don't update their zero day protection

Reactions: Ulikedat

Kardo Kristal

From Crystal Security
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jul 12, 2014

VirusTotal or any other service is not bad. I'll look into it. I'll do everything to figure out the source of the problem.
BTW: @Dubseven Why avoid the question in this thread (question by @MisterToto)?? :D

Regards,
Kardo

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Manzai great review as always and i"m really looking forward for the next one:rolleyes:.I thought that gdata would stop the second one with it's behavior blocker:eek: but anyway i think it is a very good product and among the first who used BB analysis and they will continue to grow as time passes buy ;):D

Reactions: Manzai
D

Deleted member 21043

Thread author
I was expecting the results to come out with how they did, with the exception of McAfee. I had no idea if they would miss all samples, detect them all or detect some/none. @Dubseven Avira is one of the best for detection in my opinion, too.

nsm0220

Level 21
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
Manzai great review as always and i"m really looking forward for the next one:rolleyes:.I thought that gdata would stop the second one with it's behavior blocker:eek: but anyway i think it is a very good product and among the first who used BB analysis and they will continue to grow as time passes buy ;):D
i didn't know that gdata was the 1st to use BB analysis and a lot of BB are having troubles with the restart ransomware

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
nsm0220 i"m not sure that g data was the first company to use BB analysis but as i remember it was among the first ones.on the last few years i"m seeing other companies going to that direction and to my understanding BB analysis is a very good method(defence system);) to stop 0-day malware

Reactions: Manzai and nsm0220

nsm0220

Level 21
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
nsm0220 i"m not sure that g data was the first company to use BB analysis but as i remember it was among the first ones.on the last few years i"m seeing other companies going to that direction and to my understanding BB analysis is a very good method(defence system);) to stop 0-day malware
but that restart ransomware is giving BB a hard time

Reactions: tonibalas

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.