ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
https://www.macecraft.com/windows-optimization-software-benchmark/

Products
Nothing on this scale ever done before!

This is an unprecedented benchmark test that covers 133 different software products claimed to make Windows PCs work faster. The rigorous testing shows that only some can deliver actual improvements to computer performance while others offer surprising results.

Introduction
Macecraft Software has published four registry cleaner product comparison studies which have attempted to answer questions about the quality of different registry cleaning products as well as what kind of effects they can have to your system.

The first study dates back to 2009 and was entitled Registry Cleaner Review and Performance Comparison Study and a follow-up to it was released later in the same year. It was Macecraft Software’s In-Depth Review of 31 The Most Popular Registry Cleaner Products study. Then, in 2010, a Comparison of 176 Registry Cleaner Products study was published.

The most recent study was released on September of 2013 which focused on whether or not running a registry cleaner software results in changes to system benchmark scores. That study was entitled theRegistry Cleaner Benchmark Study.

This time though, we looked to make waves! This was an exciting study that could really focus on what various software products were doing to our computers. In this study, 133 products were tested. The inclusion process was simple and straightforward: few software download sites were manually scanned for any products claiming to make your computer faster by cleaning it or by fixing system errors. In addition, Google was also used to find such products and the 133 products are all the products that were found. The majority of them are considered to be popular and high-ranking among consumers.

The following products were downloaded and tested by Macecraft:

1. 1-Click PC Care
  2. 360Amigo System Speedup PRO
  3. Abexo Free Registry Cleaner
  4. Abyssal Registry Cleaner
  5. Ace Utilities
  6. Acebyte Utilities
  7. Acleaner
  8. Advanced PC Optimizer
  9. Advanced Registry Cleaner Setup
  10. Advanced Registry Doctor Pro
  11. Advanced System Optimizer
  12. Advanced SystemCare 8
  13. Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 7
  14. Advanced Vista Optimizer 2009
  15. Always Right
  16. AML Registry Cleaner
  17. Argente Utilities
  18. ARO 2012
  19. Ashampoo Registry Cleaner
  20. Ashampoo WinOptimizer 11
  21. AthTek Registry Cleaner
  22. Auslogics BoostSpeed Basic
  23. Auslogics Registry Cleaner
  24. AVG PC TuneUp 2015
  25. Avira System Speedup
  26. AVS Registry Cleaner
  27. Baidu PC Faster
  28. BitOptimizer
  29. Carambis Cleaner
  30. Ccleaner
  31. Chily Registry Optimizer and Cleaner
  32. CleanGenius
  33. CleanMyPC Registry Cleaner
  34. Cloud System Boostern
  35. Comodo PC TuneUp
  36. Comodo System Utilities
  37. DetoxMyPC Basic
  38. EasyCleaner
  39. Eusing Free Registry Cleaner
  40. EzRegistryCleaner
  41. Fix-It Utilities 10 Professional
  42. FIXIO PC Cleaner 2015
  43. FixMyRegistry
  44. Free Registry Fix
  45. Free Windows Registry Repair
  46. Glary Utilities
  47. Innovative System Optimizer
  48. iolo System Checkup
  49. JetClean
  50. jv16 PowerTools X (one of our partner products)
  51. Koox System Optimizer
  52. Lavasoft Registry Tuner
  53. Little Registry Cleaner
  54. MISPBO Free Registry Cleaner
  55. MV RegClean
  56. MYPCTuneUp
  57. nCleaner
  58. Netgate Registry Cleaner
  59. Norton Utilities 16
  60. Optimo Pro
  61. PC Doc Pro
  62. PC Faster
  63. PC HealthPack
  64. PC Shower 2014
  65. PC Tools Desktop Maestro
  66. PC Tune-Up
  67. PC TuneUp Tools 2015
  68. PC Win Booster
  69. PCRx
  70. PCSleek Free Error Cleaner
  71. Perfect Registry
  72. PerfectSpeed PC Optimizer
  73. Premium Booster
  74. Quicksys Registry Cleaner
  75. Reg Organizer
  76. RegAce System Suite
  77. RegCleaner
  78. RegCure Pro
  79. RegHunter Registry Repair
  80. Registry Clean Expert
  81. Registry Cleaner 7
  82. Registry Cure
  83. Registry Drill
  84. Registry Fast
  85. Registry First Aid 10
  86. Registry Healer
  87. Registry Help Free
  88. Registry Life
  89. Registry Medic 2015
  90. Registry Repair
  91. Registry Reviver
  92. Registry Smoker
  93. Registry Sweeper Pro
  94. Registry TuneUp
  95. Registry Wizard
  96. RegScrubXP
  97. RegTweaker
  98. RegVac Registry Cleaner
  99. SeriousBit Enhanso Pro
  100. Simnet Registry Repair 2011
  101. Simplitec Power Suite Free
  102. SlimCleaner Free
  103. SmartPCFix
  104. Speed It Up Free
  105. Speedy PC Free
  106. SS Registry Fixer
  107. Synei System Utilities
  108. SysCheckUp
  109. System Cleaner 7
  110. System Mechanic 14
  111. System TuneUp
  112. Systweak RegClean Pro
  113. Toolwiz Care
  114. TuneUp Utilities 2014
  115. TweakNow PowerPack
  116. TweakNow RegCleaner
  117. Uniblue PC Mechanic 2014
  118. Vit Registry Fix Free Edition
  119. WinASO Registry Optimizer
  120. Windows Doctor
  121. Windows Optimizer – Registry Cleaner and Fixer
  122. WinLube 2
  123. WinMaximizer
  124. WinMend Registry Cleaner
  125. WinSysClean X6
  126. WinTools.net Classic
  127. WinUtilities Free
  128. WinZip System Utilities Suite
  129. Wise Care 365
  130. Wise Registry Cleaner 8
  131. XP Registry Cleaner
  132. XP Repair Pro 6
  133. Your Free Registry Cleaner

H

hjlbx

That study appears self-serving to me ... but that isn't all that unusual where software comparison tests are generally concerned.

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
That study appears self-serving to me ... but that isn't all that unusual where software comparison tests are generally concerned.
I agree. The only difference with their tests is that they provide heavy and detailed documentation (with screenshots and videos) to validate their testings... something that other Optimization Software Companies do not do. You could watch the videos to see where they lie or speak the truth.

H

hjlbx

I already know it is a great product ...

Seems like EVERY software vendor wants to clean my system.

What, is it dirty or something ?

Damn Finns ... gotta love 'em ... :D

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
thats why MS not recomended using crap cleaners
read
The data indicates that only two products seemed to have an overall positive effect on both the system startup time and benchmark scores: jv16 PowerTools X and Baidu PC Faster.

It can be seen that most products seem to have a positive effect on the system’s startup time with the products improving the startup time by an average of 28%. However, the effects on the overall system performance as measured by running PCMark 7 benchmark software, were mainly negative with six products out of eight producing an average decrease of the benchmark score.

As I said before most of the cleaners are scam asking money to fix clean install OS.

Last edited:
Reactions: Warrior

Cch123

Level 7
Verified
May 6, 2014
This test should definitely be taken with a pinch of salt. The "best" product out of all the tools that were tested is jv16 Powertools, which "coincidentally" is the product the people who made this test are selling. Seriously though, who would publish tests that do not show their own products as the best/one of the best?

H

hjlbx

What I may do on machine with OEM install of Windows is to:

Uninstall all bloatware
Run JV16
Create custom system image using -recimg

That way can always restore to really clean system image ...

I am always testing out new softs so I just reset system ...

I get infected ... reset system

I get lazy and don't want to do maintenance ... reset system (important files auto-uploaded to cloud). :D

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
This test should definitely be taken with a pinch of salt. The "best" product out of all the tools that were tested is jv16 Powertools, which "coincidentally" is the product the people who made this test are selling. Seriously though, who would publish tests that do not show their own products as the best/one of the best?
Quite agree. In fact, test results are contradicting - for example in the area of disk defrag. Diskeeper will publish tests saying their product is the best, the same with PerfectDisk. They even trash each other, publishing documented reports that their product is the best.

H

hjlbx

JV16 pretty good ... if your into that sort of thing - tedious review of outdated registry entries, finding empty folders, reviewing .tmp files ... blah, blah, blah

JV16 does have one nifty feature though ... if you use it immediately after you perform a system reset to factory condition you can de-crapify your system in one fell swoop ... unlike other de-crap software which you have to do softs removal manually.

What I absolutely hate though is when software duplicates things that are already built into windows ... like service.msc, msconfig, start-up manager, etc, etc.

JV16 is just like most others ... Revo, Total Uninstall, CCleaner, Wise, Glary, etc, etc ...

That's why I think it is not worth paying for "Optimizers" of any kind ... just get free one of your choice ... CCleaner pretty darn good now-a-days as I remember when it was basically not much more than a damn rock.

Most any AV and BiniSoft's Windows Firewall Control are the only softs that truly improve what's already included in Windows.

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
I tried it... found many registry errors...and they are very careful about it. In their philosophy in their Help file it states, "better that we miss several registry errors than committing ONE correct registry as error..." (not exact words).. They correct registry errors by changing its values or by deleting them.

However, their startup optimizer caused my system to start slower.

H

hjlbx

I think start-up time as a measure of performance can be/is mis-leading.

Instead, I think raw CPU usage during the course of typical work-loads is more important.

Afterall, does one spend virtually all their PC time at the desktop or re-booting.

JV16 has some worthwhile features and seems to me to be better than typical optimizers. It can be very thorough, but like I said before, to take full advantage requires a tedious review process.

If you are OCD, then most any optimizer will drive you nuts.

Just sayin' ...

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
I think start-up time as a measure of performance can be/is mis-leading.

Instead, I think raw CPU usage during the course of typical work-loads is more important.

...Well, I only commented about startup time NOT in connection with performance per se. I did note about startup time because in their findings, an average of around 45% startup boot time improvement has been reported. As I enabled it, startup programs on my Task manager got all renamed to "Startup Optimizer" (with the exception to ESET)... which never started at all, thus making my netbook somewhat crippled. I am using Windows 10. In their tests, they even included Win10 without committing the errors I have experienced.

H

hjlbx

...Well, I only commented about startup time NOT in connection with performance per se. I did note about startup time because in their findings, an average of around 45% startup boot time improvement has been reported. As I enabled it, startup programs on my Task manager got all renamed to "Startup Optimizer" (with the exception to ESET)... which never started at all, thus making my netbook somewhat crippled. I am using Windows 10. In their tests, they even included Win10 without committing the errors I have experienced.

Hello ifacedown,

Wow ... now that's a quirk I would not have never expected with JV16, but it does not surprise me.

I think with W8 and 10 that if a user enables hybrid boot it just might be an issue.

Maybe Minecraft used non-hybrid boot setting?

I'm sorry you have had poor experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.