Status
Not open for further replies.

superboy123

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
May 1, 2012
hello everyone...
I would like to ask which antivirus is better for a low spec computer (low ram/ CPU specs).

cdnsempre

Level 1
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
2013 i´m impressionate with Norton AV. For me was number one. Are discret, light, and works like an "invisible" AV.
Actually i love MSE

aztony

Level 9
Verified
Oct 15, 2013
I voted Avast although I've never used their suite. But if the suite is as efficient as the free version then it's good to go. One other than wasn't on the list is Panda. I know some folks are suspicious/distrustful of its cloud aspect. But if you are not one of them and lite-ness is vital, Panda shouldn't be overlooked.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Because you can choose 'Other', then state it in your reply. Poll is currently limited to 10 options.

Rencisss135

Apr 28, 2014
I am using Bitdefender Antivirus Free edition. It consumes only 50 MB or lower. (I'm a gamer)

Bitdefender free is good...

I also used Avast! Free antivirus and is a very good choice. But I will go for Bitdefender free

Last edited by a moderator:

Neno

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jan 4, 2012
Avira Internet Security has lowest performance impact by far in that list. Or you can choose Webroot SecureAnywhere.

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
Avast uses about 10 mb of RAM, Comodo too
Eset is also very light on the system but sometimes memory usage exceeds 90mb

Those 3 are my pick
Bitdefender free, just give it a bit time or CIS 6.2 (no more than 10mb or ram usage on my pc).

no AV out there uses 10 mb. not yet anyway
comodo and Bitdefender free very heavy for pentium

MSE is the best option for freeware

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.