BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Camtasia Studio - The Best [Paid]

Debut Video Capture [from NCH Softwares] - The Best [Free]

It's the best video/audio/screenshot capture software I've tested, in terms of lightness when capturing, watermark, subtitle, video effect options and export size/quality and it's free (there's upgrade to paid version option through the program)

But...

Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
  • Offers to change the homepage for web browsers installed in the system
  • Offers to change the default search engine for web browsers installed in the system
  • Offers to download or install software or components (such as browser toolbars) that the program does not require to fully function
All successfully detected by ESET.

I suggest all users to download the free version from Softpedia link since on the NCH page it will lead you to download the paid version

I needed to add the setup and execution file of the program to the exclusion list in ESET.
When you try to install the program, new window opens up showing you to install some other of NCH programs such as their video converter, audio editor and others so you need to uncheck those if you don't need it.
Also
program itself is messing with a registry a little bit.
It adds a lot a new and unneeded registry keys to your registry (yet another trick to download more of their software)
  • When you right click on any of your picture/photo you will notice that there's new menu that gives you an option to : create a slideshow (downloads NCH VideoPad Video Editor)
  • -II- on the video file you will see : create a slideshow (downloads NCH VideoPad Video Editor), convert file (downloads Prism Video Converter), etc
  • -II- on the audio file you will see : edit audio (downloads WavePad Audio Editor)
  • -II- on the archive file you will see : extract all/here (download NCH ExpressZip)
So, be aware, I needed to manually delete all these keys from the registry. (via RegSeeker, just typed nchedit , nchconvert, nchextract, nchslideshow, and delete all the keys it can be found)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011