Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Detection based on previous "AV reports" include Bitdefender Free Antivirus and Panda Cloud Free Antivirus.

For Windows Vista, 7 and 8.x, Windows Firewall can be considered decent protection, if you require a Firewall with IDS, then PrivateFirewall (lacks on UI, but no nonsense software), Comodo Firewall (guaranteed, 300 bug fix in the next update) or Online Armor Free (is this still being maintained by Emsisoft?) can be considered.

IMO, since Windows Vista / 7, I no longer think combo's are that necessary.

What OS are you running? Do you have UAC enabled?

Are you careful with your mouse-clicks? Do you know of services like URLVoid, VirusTotal etc? Do you download from any unknown source?

Y

yigido

I do not trust some test groups so If you love detection go to Qihoo 360 softwares,
ıf you are a advanced user for firewall go to Comodo Firewall (proactive defence)
ex: 360 Internet Security + CFW is a great combo. with this combo you will aslo get Comodo Cloud detections.
As I always say : Unbeatable Castle :cool: and for FREE!

Capsule

Thread author
Jun 3, 2014
Detection based on previous "AV reports" include 6.Bitdefender Free Antivirus and Panda Cloud Free Antivirus.

For Windows Vista, 7 and 8.x, Windows Firewall can be considered decent protection, if you require a Firewall with IDS, then PrivateFirewall (lacks on UI, but no nonsense software), Comodo Firewall (guaranteed, 300 bug fix in the next update) or Online Armor Free (is this still being maintained by Emsisoft?) can be considered.

IMO, since 4.Windows Vista / 7, I no longer think combo's are that necessary.

What OS are you running? Do you have UAC enabled?

1.Are you careful with your mouse-clicks? 2.Do you know of services like URLVoid, VirusTotal etc? 3.Do you download from any unknown source?
1. Yes but my mouse does double-click :D
2. Yes
3. Not specially
4&5. Windows 7 with UAC enabled
6. Bitdefender Free is not distribued in France :(

Yees ! Noo :(
I recommend Qihoo
I have use Qihoo a few times and I've look 1 things : my laptop lag with he.
I do not trust some test groups so If you love detection go to Qihoo 360 softwares,
ıf you are a advanced user for firewall go to Comodo Firewall (proactive defence)
ex: 360 Internet Security + CFW is a great combo. with this combo you will aslo get Comodo Cloud detections.
Same message at the top : Qihoo slow my computer :(
Haha :D

=> Comodo, ZoneAlarm, Agnitum Outpost, Roboscan, Forticlient .

Good choice :p ( I recommend Comodo )
I have already Comodo IS !

Y

yigido

1. Yes but my mouse does double-click :D
2. Yes
3. Not specially
4&5. Windows 7 with UAC enabled
6. Bitdefender Free is not distribued in France :(

Yees ! Noo :(

I have use Qihoo a few times and I've look 1 things : my laptop lag with he.

Same message at the top : Qihoo slow my computer :(

I have already Comodo IS !
Bitdefender and CFW do not love each other. Then stay with CIS, it is enough for you. If you do not use unknown apps. When you will use, automatic sandbox is ready for you. (I recommend Fully Virtualized)

Circe

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jul 3, 2013
+1 Totally agree, An excellent combo.

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
Windows Firewall (Block all incoming connections) + 360 Internet Security (make sure you have Block Lan viruses checked)

Attachments

• 360_BlockLanViruses.png
    360_BlockLanViruses.png
    210.7 KB · Views: 541
Reactions: yigido and Circe

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Detection rate is based on the users own actions not the product they choose to use because none will detection every single malware in the wild. You can easily get infected using any product if you don't use precautions. Just because a products fails to detect a sample doesn't mean that sample will infect your system. The user always has control over what they decide to download and run.

Users with good downloading and other online habits can easily get by just fine only using a light AV with moderate detection and Windows Firewall.

The best protection for reckless users is "Limited User" accounts, since no security products will be able to protect them.

Enjoy!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.