Battle "Best" Internet Security of 2014. What's your opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mercurial

Level 6
Oct 3, 2012
Well, if you have a good system that is ( a good cpu + a good amount of RAM) Kaspersky would be my choice.

2. Norton IS for an overall balanced suite

3. ESS 8 or EIS 9 ( ESS 8 is lighter and has a better GUI, while EIS 9 is a bit heavy but has a slightly better protection overall.)

4. Webroot (Quite light on the system, works efficiently in the background).

mercurial

Level 6
Oct 3, 2012
Just like @jamescv7 mentioned above Kaspersky has some really neat modules. It's also quite simple, and some of the feature are quite simple and a good addition take Safepay and Virtual Keyboard for instance, nothing big but quite handy for online transaction. Their Application Control is quite easy to understand, and use so is the parental control. Overall it's quite robust and is considered on of the Industry's best security firm. ESS 8 or KIS would bog down to personal preference in the end, but overall protection wise Kaspersky still win.

Im using KIS 2015...but i feel its a little bit heavy on my lap...So im thinkng about trying ESS8...I'm confused whether to move to ESS as ive no licence key for it..:(
Yes laptop with 4gb or less may have issues with KIS, i would recommend you switch the KIS to a desktop and use ESS 8 for the laptop, also ESS 8's Anti Theft might be handy, i have not really used that feature yet, but looks promising.

Edit 1: You can try out ESS 8, NIS 2015 and Webroot for a month each or with extended trial, i am sure you can get one from the forum. Meanwhile you get to test some good suites on your lappy while being protected and you can buy ESS 8 if you really want to went some discounts show up on the forum :).

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.