Status
Not open for further replies.

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Hi!

I have been trying out the best PDF Editor in terms of efficiency and lightness. Some comments:

Nitro -- so slow; superb OCR; average editing
FOXIT -- fast; good OCR; average editing
Infix -- slow; superb OCR; superb editing
Nuance -- average speed; good OCR; average editing
PDFXchange Editor -- fast; good OCR; superb editing
ABBYY, ADOBE PRO; WONDERSHARE -- not yet tested.

Pls do help.
Thanks.

In our school we always work with PDF.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
I use PDFill PDFTools which is freeware

FEATURES

icon_pdftool_merge.png
Merge Merge or Combine two or more PDF files into a single PDF file.
icon_pdftool_split.png
Split, Reorder or Delete Split, Extract, Reorder or Delete PDF pages from a PDF file into a new file.
icon_pdftool_encrypt.png
Encrypt and Decrypt with Security Options Encrypt or Decrypt PDF documents (Master Password or User Password may be required). Protect PDF files with passwords and prevent PDF files from being printed, copied, changed, filled, extracted, signed, assembled or merged. Supports Adobe® Standard 40-bit Encryption and Adobe® Advanced 128-bit Encryption
icon_pdftool_rotate_crop.png
Rotate and Crop Rotate a PDF page by 0, 90, 180 and 270 degree. Crop a page to modify its layout of Print or View by specifying its margins.
icon_pdftool_reformat.png
Reformat Put multiple pages into one page to save paper and inks when printing hard copies. Add note lines for handout.
icon_pdftool_headfoot.png
Header and Footer Add Headers and Footers to present information, such as date, time, page numbers, or the title of the document, in the top or bottom margins of a document.
icon_pdftool_watermark_text.png
Watermark by Stylized Text Add Stylized Text Stamp.
icon_pdftool_watermark_image.png
Watermark by Image Add Stamp using image file (bmp, jpg, gif, png, tiff, and wmf).
icon_pdftool_images_pdf.png
Convert Images to PDF Convert images (bmp, jpg, gif, png, tiff, and wmf) into a PDF file with layout options.
icon_pdftool_pdf_images.png
Convert PDF into images Save PDF pages into images (png, jpg, bmp and tiff) with DPI options.
icon_pdftool_form_field.png
PDF Form Fields: Delete, Flatten, List Delete, Flatten or List the PDF Form Fields inside a PDF file.
icon_pdftool_ps_pdf.png
Convert PostScript(PS) File into PDF Covert PS files into PDF files so Adobe Reader can read them.
icon_pdftool_information.png
Add Information Add information (title, author, subject, keywords, created, creator, producer, version) to PDF documents.
icon_pdftool_scanner.png
Free Scanner Scan your paper form or photo as an image file (PNG, JPG, BMP, TIF, GIF) or a PDF file.
icon_pdftool_transparent.png
Create Transparent Image Create a transparent image with options to adjust transparency options.

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
I use PDFill PDFTools which is freeware

FEATURES

icon_pdftool_merge.png
Merge Merge or Combine two or more PDF files into a single PDF file.
icon_pdftool_split.png
Split, Reorder or Delete Split, Extract, Reorder or Delete PDF pages from a PDF file into a new file.
icon_pdftool_encrypt.png
Encrypt and Decrypt with Security Options Encrypt or Decrypt PDF documents (Master Password or User Password may be required). Protect PDF files with passwords and prevent PDF files from being printed, copied, changed, filled, extracted, signed, assembled or merged. Supports Adobe® Standard 40-bit Encryption and Adobe® Advanced 128-bit Encryption
icon_pdftool_rotate_crop.png
Rotate and Crop Rotate a PDF page by 0, 90, 180 and 270 degree. Crop a page to modify its layout of Print or View by specifying its margins.
icon_pdftool_reformat.png
Reformat Put multiple pages into one page to save paper and inks when printing hard copies. Add note lines for handout.
icon_pdftool_headfoot.png
Header and Footer Add Headers and Footers to present information, such as date, time, page numbers, or the title of the document, in the top or bottom margins of a document.
icon_pdftool_watermark_text.png
Watermark by Stylized Text Add Stylized Text Stamp.
icon_pdftool_watermark_image.png
Watermark by Image Add Stamp using image file (bmp, jpg, gif, png, tiff, and wmf).
icon_pdftool_images_pdf.png
Convert Images to PDF Convert images (bmp, jpg, gif, png, tiff, and wmf) into a PDF file with layout options.
icon_pdftool_pdf_images.png
Convert PDF into images Save PDF pages into images (png, jpg, bmp and tiff) with DPI options.
icon_pdftool_form_field.png
PDF Form Fields: Delete, Flatten, List Delete, Flatten or List the PDF Form Fields inside a PDF file.
icon_pdftool_ps_pdf.png
Convert PostScript(PS) File into PDF Covert PS files into PDF files so Adobe Reader can read them.
icon_pdftool_information.png
Add Information Add information (title, author, subject, keywords, created, creator, producer, version) to PDF documents.
icon_pdftool_scanner.png
Free Scanner Scan your paper form or photo as an image file (PNG, JPG, BMP, TIF, GIF) or a PDF file.
icon_pdftool_transparent.png
Create Transparent Image Create a transparent image with options to adjust transparency options.
Texts cannot be edited, even in its paid PDF Editor version.

H

hjlbx

I agree that there is no one PDF editor that is perfect in the sense that it offers every possible feature.

However, I myself have found that I never use even 5 % of the features...so I have no need of anything more than a basic PDF reader.

My perspective is that anything is better than Adobe Acrobat for the sake of security alone.

Some say Acrobat is bloated, but I will give it two thumbs up when it comes to saving a web-page to PDF. It preserves formatting, text, graphics - everything - perfectly. No other PDF suite comes close - and I've tried nearly all the most widely recommended.

I used to use Nitro PDF Reader only because it comes in a 64 bit version and Nitro only holds 1 % market share according to Secunia...so theoretically, and practically, if an exploitable vulnerability exists in Nitro products the odds of it being targeted are very small indeed.

I say used to...because now I just use the Windows PDF Metro App. It sucks, but I can view PDFs.

On my system 64 bit PDF, like Nitro's, load and work slow and can mis-behave...so I just stopped bothering.

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Please try Bluebeam Revu Standard, You will be more than satisfied.
Its features are far more than what I will ever need!

PDF viewers are great... but I also need these:

1.) Ability to convert any document/text file/image to PDF
2.) Ability to convert any complex PDF to doc/docx/pptx in good ways and results
3.) Ability to edit PDF's contents like how Infix does... its like a Word editor!

Reactions: scot

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
I agree that there is no one PDF editor that is perfect in the sense that it offers every possible feature.

However, I myself have found that I never use even 5 % of the features...so I have no need of anything more than a basic PDF reader.

My perspective is that anything is better than Adobe Acrobat for the sake of security alone.

Some say Acrobat is bloated, but I will give it two thumbs up when it comes to saving a web-page to PDF. It preserves formatting, text, graphics - everything - perfectly. No other PDF suite comes close - and I've tried nearly all the most widely recommended.

I used to use Nitro PDF Reader only because it comes in a 64 bit version and Nitro only holds 1 % market share according to Secunia...so theoretically, and practically, if an exploitable vulnerability exists in Nitro products the odds of it being targeted are very small indeed.

I say used to...because now I just use the Windows PDF Metro App. It sucks, but I can view PDFs.

On my system 64 bit PDF, like Nitro's, load and work slow and can mis-behave...so I just stopped bothering.
Nitro is good in conversion, its OCR is superb too... but too slow to load.

maximus

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Dec 18, 2014
I use to convert Abby PDF Transformer + (integrates with Office).
and editing pdf files Infix Pdf Editor Pro (in my opinion the best editor pdf).

Last edited:

scot

Level 9
Verified
Dec 5, 2014
Its features are far more than what I will ever need!

PDF viewers are great... but I also need these:

1.) Ability to convert any document/text file/image to PDF
2.) Ability to convert any complex PDF to doc/docx/pptx in good ways and results
3.) Ability to edit PDF's contents like how Infix does... its like a Word editor!
The only problems all the PDF Editors have is when you try to convert any complex PDF, the results are not exact copy but some deviations here & there. Your other 2 requirements can be satisfied with any good PDF Editor you mentioned here.

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Nitro: Slow, Heavy => Don't like it.
Foxit: Fast, Light => Love it, using since several months.
Nitro's conversion and OCR are better compared to Foxit's. However, Nitro as u said is slow and heavy.
Foxit and Nitro >> very poor in editing the texts in PDFs.

The best in editing PDFs is Infix, it's just like using Microsoft Word. However, very limited in features.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Considering the OCR I never had problems with Wondershare PDF Editor with OCR (It uses ABBYY's technology), at least in my language.
But the best editing features, Infix is the leader, IMHO.

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Considering the OCR I never had problems with Wondershare PDF Editor with OCR (It uses ABBYY's technology), at least in my language.
But the best editing features, Infix is the leader, IMHO.
I could install Wondershare PDFElements in Windows 10 without issues. But installing the OCR plugin makes the program crash. Yes, Infix is the leader in editing. Even Adobe Acrobat Pro could not match it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.