Battle Best Second-Option Scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
I need advice on everything... I'm constantly changing. Please vote in here and in my antivirus thread. Although i have ESET NOD32 right now, I want a backup plan after ESET expires. I also have HitmanPro for 1 year (giveaway, thanks MT) and need advice when it expires.
So, please vote in Best Antivirus 2014 too. State why because I am not as concerned about UI then privacy and prevention. Thanks :)

D

Deleted member 21043

Herdprotect
I like HerdProtect, but when I was purposefully looking for malware scams to troll the phone lines awhile back, I got infected and Herd Protect didn't catch them all. After it had removed things, rebooted etc, Hitman Pro picked up more and removed them.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
MBAM Free (vote) or ESET Online Scanner. I only use ESET Online Scanner alongside Windows Defender.

Zemana Anti-Malware is HitmanPro re-branded.

Y

yigido

My vote for Zemana. It still has HitmanPro's old engines. (Ikarus, G-Data, Emsisoft)
Emsisoft signatures are very good! I can get them with Zemana AntiMalware
o9VDNuC.png

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
I voted for MBAM but I'm also using these OD scanners; HitmanPro, Emsisoft Emergency Kit, herdProtect, and ESET Online Scanner.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I was going to vote malwarebytes antimalware free, but then I also wanted to express my high regards for Hitman pro (even for 30 days) it brought back my then nearly sunken XP. Then, it occured to me how there are other free yet not so commonly safe methods which can be used by way of our "malware assistance" here. Under supervision, and knowledgeable utilization,
AdwCleaner, FRST, (and others), part the darked clouds of malware & embedded adware. Just don't try this (alone) at home!:D

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
The first time I'd read posts under "Malware assistance", they were the instructions meant for someone else's adware/malware problems, and being the fresh new member I was, did not realize the instructions were meant exclusively for only that person's problem and not my own. Eventually, with the help of TwinHeadedEagle's guidence, I'd resolved my own computer's slower than molasses in January XP maladies. But, since I'd previously applied additional corrections not meant for my system, registry changes had occurred. This effected one of the other user accounts visually, and I wasn't able to see certain fields here on MT. The cleaning of my system was amazing, but my lesson learned was to proceed with caution, and always look out :eek:for posted warnings just like when driving!:D;)

Reactions: King Alpha
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.