Petrovic

Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013

Hackers are very smart on gaining from every opportunity they get and this time the lost Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 gave them a chance to hijack, not the plane, but you all sitting over their operating your Facebook account and having an eye on every news related to the Mysterious Malaysian plane.
Spammers are taking advantage of the lost Malaysian plan and spam spreading malware on the Facebook, abusing the mystery behind the Malaysia airplane MH370 that has gone missing by the time it flew from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.

The hackers are redirecting Facebook users to the malicious websites using a fake Facebook post, claims that missing Malaysian Airlines flight MH370, a Boeing 777-200 aircraft has been found in the Bermuda Triangle with its passengers still alive and invites users to click a link to view breaking news video footage.
Title of the fake video: Malaysia Plane MH370 Has Been Spotted Somewhere Near Bermuda Triangle. Shocking Videos Release Today.

When the user clicks to watch the video they are prompted with the following message that says the user to share it before start watching:
Beware! Such news is not true and there is no such video footage available yet. We advise you to beware of such fake videos and links that are spreading in the wild across the various social media and other sites to abuse your network and system. If you’ve shared or “liked” it, it’s probably best to delete malwarepost from your Facebook wall.

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
can u tell me what do u mean " If you’ve shared or “liked” it, it’s probably best to delete malwarepost from your Facebook wall." ?
and lol look at that guy Mateus comment lolz & he got 24 likes o_O

Reactions: Venustus

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Its a shame to post something like that about something so terrible.I guess he gave no consideration to their families

Reactions: Koroke San

MDTechVideos

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
Its a shame to post something like that about something so terrible.I guess he gave no consideration to their families

Why do the comments (on the screenshot provided above) show they were posted on December 25th and 26th? A detail like that just does not sit right with me.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    69.9 KB · Views: 375
Reactions: Koroke San
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.