BigD1 Config

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
High BigD1, and thank you for your configuration. It speaks to me of safety, and I like it :) ...especially when you're in "Shadow Mode", lol!!:p

Now, let's talk about privacy. CCleaner does help. Since you are a LastPass devotee with Shadow Defender, why not try LastPass' Universal Binary download?;) It operates quite smoothly since it's an application, and can be used with every browser, particularly Internet Explorer. As you know, Shadow Mode can let you test drive it without having to worry about uninstalling it later.
I've often read VPNs are the way to go to encrypt your connections. Some day I shall try one, but in the meantime I use ZENMATE extension for Google.
Do you know about Google Chrome's built in 3rd party cookie blocker?o_O
To activate the third party cookie blocker in Chrome, find it under "Settings".
  1. Scroll down to the bottom, & <click> Advanced Settings
  2. Beneath "Privacy" <click> Content settings
chrome-content-settings-png.22523

BTW, for privacey I now un-check everything :rolleyes:(up above) except for "Enable phishing and malware protection".
3. Check the box "Block third party cookies and site data".:cool:
Edit: To protect your data, check "Keep local data only until you quit..browser". It's similar to "Incognito":D

Last edited:

mercurial

Level 6
Oct 3, 2012
High BigD1, and thank you for your configuration. It speaks to me of safety, and I like it :) ...especially when you're in "Shadow Mode", lol!!:p

Now, let's talk about privacy. CCleaner does help. Since you are a LastPass devotee with Shadow Defender, why not try LastPass' Universal Binary download?;) It operates quite smoothly since it's an application, and can be used with every browser, particularly Internet Explorer. As you know, Shadow Mode can let you test drive it without having to worry about uninstalling it later.
I've often read VPNs are the way to go to encrypt your connections. Some day I shall try one, but in the meantime I use ZENMATE extension for Google.
Do you know about Google Chrome's built in 3rd party cookie blocker?o_O
To activate the third party cookie blocker in Chrome, find it under "Settings".
  1. Scroll down to the bottom, & <click> Advanced Settings
  2. Beneath "Privacy" <click> Content settings

BTW, for privacey I now un-check everything :rolleyes:(up above) except for "Enable phishing and malware protection".
3. Check the box "Block third party cookies and site data".:cool:
Edit: To protect your data, check "Keep local data only until you quit..browser". It's similar to "Incognito":D

@Cats-4_Owners-2 Thanks, never knew about the universal installer from LastPass and Zenmate will check that out sounds useful! thanks for the share boss!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.