App Review BitDefender Free vs Zero Day Scriptor

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

cruelsister

Level 42
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Although I'm prepping for an assignment that begins next week and so will have no opportunity for anything new, I would like to present a few Videos I already have completed. Today will be one that was promised, BitDefender Free (CF and Trend Micro to follow).

A bit of explanation is needed for this one. To the base malware I added a segment that attempts to take down BD itself. This addition turned out to be rather inelegant due to either a conflict with the base malware (possible) or shoddy coding by the Presenter (probable). The result is BD taken down by segments, as it were. But the original point of the test (deleted documents, unbootable system) would have occurred nonetheless.

I wanted to redo this one and clean it up a bit, but ran out of play time. I hope you understand.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thanxx for the test.
But as you have mentioned, if you could plzz redo this one. This seems little not fair to Bd free compared to other AVs tested.

This is your scriptor test series against AVs.
So I think would be fair if you do the test the same way against all the AVs.

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
Interesting test.

Is this Scriptor some type of Boot Virus ? In which case the windows option of whacking in a disk and doing a repair isn`t going to be an option as all boot options will be screwed up and that`s very nasty.

Regards Eck:)

D

Deleted member 2913

Thanxx for the retest.
No surprises here, as usual like other AVs this too failed to protect.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.