Battle Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 or Avast Free

Status
Not open for further replies.

MalwareFire

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Aug 10, 2014
i already have the for bitdefender for 9 months but i want to know wich you recomend

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
problem with Bitdefender Internet Security is that it causes problem with internet speed. Sometimes cause blocking of internet.

Sometimes internet speed will be good at start. Then gradually after some web browsing it will slow down. Further you wan't be able to open websites. Web browser may hang. Refuse to close. you will be unable to terminate the web browser using task manager.

this problem has existed in bitdef for years. May be they will repair it in future builds.

Last edited:

FleischmannTV

Level 7
Verified
Honorary Member
Well-known
Jun 12, 2014
How can you compare a suite to a stand alone av? You cannot.

Sure you can, just depends on the products you compare and the poster's needs. Some suites only contain additional useless junk features and offer no benefits in terms of protection in comparison with their AV counterpart. You can compare Bitdefender IS's AV engine with Avast's, you can compare them in terms of lightness and system stability etc, no problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: FreddyFreeloader

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Both are good. But as you are comparing with Internet security you must know that it has Firewall plus few more options ( though for me those are junk).

Here is the comparison.

Bitdefender IS :
1. Nice signature
2. Good Zero Day defense
3. Complete package ( Firewall + few more options)
4. High memory uses
5. No ads
6. Web-surfing felt slow ( personal experience on my system)

Avast Free:
1. Fair signature
2. Fair Zero day defense
3. No firewall
4. Ads for premium products
5. Very low memory usage

Now the choice is yours. :)

Reactions: yigido

vrb93

Level 5
Verified
Jan 15, 2014
Use Bitdefender license 'till expiration, upgrading to 2015 version that is better than 2014 one.
And then choose your AV by many free alternatives out there!

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I tried Bitdefender 2015 and it kept blocking Google Chrome, therefore I couldn't access the internet (Internet Explorer was fine) so I stopped using it. But as others have suggested give both a try, avast! (I think) is very good; plus it's free :) unless you wish to try the full internet security suite, but you can find very good deals online i.e., http://store.downloadcrew.co.uk/ that's where I get all my license keys from. Hope that helps!

Tony :)

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Seems like 2015 version have improved than the earlier one. Earlier i though had the issue of slow internet connectivity\access, they managed to fix it through an update. And It also had some stability issues with its GUI and Safepay. Now with all these fixed in 2015 version it should be a good product overall. My best advice is try both, if u like avast stick to it, but it lacks the feature of firewall which said to be the major component of defence in the internet. Of Course Windows firewall is pretty good either. If u like Bitdefender then switch to it. Because it has all the feature and with the best protection as they use their own engine in it.

LABView707

Level 3
Verified
Aug 12, 2014
Comparing Bitdefender Antivirus to Avast is a better question. Bitdefender IS has a firewall. Bitdefender may have a superior detection rate but it has huge flaws. Such as the wallet service will not disable. It also slows your pc down. With Windows 7 or 8 you no longer need a 3rd party firewall. So suites ae not needed any more and merely just for marketing. Just like so called banking modes. All you need is a good av, windows firewall and a router/gateway. A secure browser and an up to date OS.

Last edited:

LABView707

Level 3
Verified
Aug 12, 2014
Well said Felipe. Kuods. Adgaurd over ABP.

Download your free BIS giveway and install it. See how much resources it uses. Do you need Safepay? Do you need Wallet? Do you need a firewall? If the answer is no to any of those then uninstall it put in Avast. But BIS uninstall can be difficult. You need to use their uninstall tool.

MalwareFire

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Aug 10, 2014
problem with Bitdefender Internet Security is that it causes problem with internet speed. Sometimes cause blocking of internet.

this problem has existed in bitdef for years. May be they will repair it in future builds.
Yes really man i note the difference in SpeedTest.net
Bitdefender - 2/3 mb download
Avast - 12/13 mb download

stephentony

Level 1
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
My household has five PC's and I run NOD32 AV 7.0 and WSA with Windows 7 FW on two of them. On one of my two test PC's I've had Avast running for about three weeks now with Hardened Mode set to aggressive, PUP's enabled and Heuristics maxed. I can honestly say if given the choice between Bitdefender IS and Avast, I'll take Avast in a heartbeat. It's super light and when paired with Windows FW and provides ample protection. In fact in my testing, with the tweaks I made, nothing nasty has gotten by Avast. I've been using NOD32 for many years and my wife bought me 5 years of WSA (which her employer uses) as a Christmas gift, but I will not hesitate to install Avast on the other PC's. I know we all have different security needs/wants, but unless you spend loads of time out where the buses don't run, Avast, the Windows FW, and UAC set to Always Notify (this is on Windows 7 64 Bit) you really don't need anything else.:)

Rus Anca

Level 25
Verified
Jun 18, 2014
i already have the for bitdefender for 9 months but i want to know wich you recomend
You can not compare a full internet security suite to a stand alone av !
Try the full internet security suite(Bitdefender Internet Security 2015), it is a very good product, if you make the correct settings !

Last edited:
Reactions: LABView707
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.