Bitdefender Internet Security 2015

Product name
Bitdefender Internet Security 2015
Pros
  • • Nice and Easy Interface

• Pretty Quick Scanning and Removal

• Behavioral Blocker seemed to work Good!
CONS
• Heavy on Ram and CPU! (My PC kept slowing down a lot)

• Not that Great on Web Blocking.

• Not Good Detection Rate against 81 files
BOTTOM LINE
According to my review, Bitdefender did not seem to be as good as there last version. This is almost similar to kasperskys problem. It did an ok job at web blocking even though it received a zero star from me. Behavioral blocker seemed to protect me good. Overall, even though it got a 2/5 stars, I will still recommend it because it did not do horrible on web blocking and behavioral blocker seemed to be good. If you are using bitdefender 2015, you should be fine, but if you are looking for an antivirus, then I recommend Emsisoft Internet Security or some other antivirus’s that have a better score. If you have an old PC, I will not recommend it because it’s simply too heavy and will slow down things.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
In The PC Security Channel Test, Bitdefender RealTime Protection seems to work good even when Signatures are disabled.

Malware Security

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2013
In The PC Security Channel Test, Bitdefender RealTime Protection seems to work good even when Signatures are disabled.

I did see that vid. Are you talking about at the end of the video when he tested out its zero day protection because it also did good in my review??

Reactions: MrExplorer

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
I did see that vid. Are you talking about at the end of the video when he tested out its zero day protection because it also did good in my review??

Yeah Just Now completed reading the whole review - PDF,
BitDefender is trying to make products better instead of just selling out their signatures.

Reactions: Rahadian Putra

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
I donno why I hate bitdefender :(.
I have 6 months free trial, I installed it and in one day I removed it.
My system felt slow and I really hate the interface and they way it works. I find like it does not have much control. I extracted one virus pack and it did nothing. I scanned it, it detected all.
The auto-pilot mode is very confusing too. I change it to user mode still it keep sticking to auto-pilot. I want to know what is going on my system.

The best feeling :rolleyes: I like is when a virus is detected and I get one pop up which says virus detected :D.

At that time I got proud of my Antivirus. But with bitdefender it's like bla bla events. And the full system scan. OMG. It took 3 hours to complete :mad: with 2014 IS.

Malware Security

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2013
Eeee!!! It seems you are too strict to rate. 2 is way too low.

honestly, it all depends on the tests, I would love for all antivirus's to have good scores, but we don't live in that kind of world. Another thing is that, I love telling the truth about antivirus's because people pay money for it and another thing is that it sucks to get infected.

trainbus120

Level 10
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
honestly, it all depends on the tests, I would love for all antivirus's to have good scores, but we don't live in that kind of world. Another thing is that, I love telling the truth about antivirus's because people pay money for it and another thing is that it sucks to get infected.
Which is the best value AV according to u

Reactions: YogiTek

Malware Security

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2013

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.