Bitdefender + Webroot ?

Matt99

Thread author
Aug 22, 2014
What about add to this config Webroot ? I want umbra or some advanced user to take the answer :)

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Remove Bitdefender and add Webroot. :) WSA is very much lighter (by a mile) compare to BitDefender.

Reactions: Overkill

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
I think its good no need to change. 2 av can conflict, one is enough.

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
Webroot is lighter than BitDefender, however, it's optimized for companion AV (See @Umbra Polaris guide: http://malwaretips.com/threads/how-...-antiviruses-in-same-time-and-set-them.23954/). So you can use it along with BitDefender or use it as your only security.

My suggestion is to try Webroot, it might be good, it might disappoint you. For me it's a light and nice addition to my security configuration without any problems, but some people have been reporting issues with computers not fully shutting down with Webroot. It's a 14 day trial, but I have 180 day key, PM me if you want it :)

Overall, you should try it to see if it works.

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Webroot is lighter than BitDefender, however, it's optimized for companion AV (See @Umbra Polaris guide: http://malwaretips.com/threads/how-...-antiviruses-in-same-time-and-set-them.23954/). So you can use it along with BitDefender or use it as your only security.

My suggestion is to try Webroot, it might be good, it might disappoint you. For me it's a light and nice addition to my security configuration without any problems, but some people have been reporting issues with computers not fully shutting down with Webroot. It's a 14 day trial, but I have 180 day key, PM me if you want it :)

Overall, you should try it to see if it works.

I think that is being paranoid.
Bitdefender 2015 all settings MAXED, Zemana Antilogger, Malwarebytes anti-exploit
EEK 9, HitmanPro, Malwarebytes Antimalware, ESET Online Scanner

is more than enough Webroot is not needed here.

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
I think that is being paranoid.
Bitdefender 2015 all settings MAXED, Zemana Antilogger, Malwarebytes anti-exploit
EEK 9, HitmanPro, Malwarebytes Antimalware, ESET Online Scanner

is more than enough Webroot is not needed here.
Argument not needed :)

But... yes.

Arakasi

Level 4
Verified
Jul 12, 2014
Although not a Bitdefender fan, its up there with some of the best.
It may not be the lightest, but if you have a decent processor, decent amount of ram, and a nice HD & controller, i imagine the system will be just fine as well as keeping the baddies out !

I would like to add that you have put "no need" on backup and recovery, if it were my choice, i would argue that to the grave with you.
Do you have a local backup ? Are you running a Raid 1 with your drives ? How about an Online backup at least ?

Nothing ? What happens when your computer blows up, your room catches on fire by mistake, or house, maybe even someone breaks into your home and steals your system ? Backup is very important as well as having decent antivirus.
Nice system setup, good luck to you Matt99 !
:)

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
i suggets if you want have bitdefender engine near another engine install AV that they using bitdefender engine!
like Qihoo like Bullgaurd like emsisoft like trust port like g data....

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thanks for sharing your configuration, Matt99.:) I realize you're awaiting the Dark Lord of Umbra Corp "..to put an end to this futile struggle.", so I'll just mention my likes:
  • UAC Always notify,
  • your real time protection,
  • ..and your secondary scanners.
  • Your browser & add-on extensions.
  • The conviction you shall need neither back up nor privacy:rolleyes: (even when we respectfully disagreeo_O).;)
  • You're openly considering Webroot as this is also something we have in common.:cool:
Thanks!
:)

Last edited:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
WSA will run alongside anything,like it has been said it is a companion AV.I have run it alongside ESET & Kaspersky without a problem.It is very good however for me personally it was just an extra program running that I felt I didn't need.Give it a try if you like and see.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

*Check your PM to take WSA for a 180 day spin

Reactions: Rahadian Putra
D

Deleted member 178

In fact , Matt , do you have a webroot license? If not no need to purchase it; if yes i will personally choose to run WSA alone. In both case, Zemana is not needed at all especially on x64 system (limited protection).

MBAE is ok to keep.

Reactions: Rahadian Putra

kjdemuth

Level 9
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
If you have HMP license, ditch MBAE and add HMP alert. If not then get rid of Zemena and just use BIS and MBAE. Most of the things that BIS are going to miss are exploits so MBAE should take care of that.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.