Troubleshoot black screen after malwarebytes scan

Babybear

Thread author
Sep 14, 2015
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
When I turn my laptop on all I get is a black screen with a cursor. All started after a malwarebytes scan. I deleted all it had found. It told me to complete the process I would have to restart my computer. I did and now all I get is a black screen when I turn on my pc.
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
I have tried a master reset. I have tried to reset my bois. I have removed the he memory module and put it back. Now I'm trying to restore my system from a point of two weeks ago. But when I chose my restore point, it said that I had a critical update when I did the malwarebytes scan. It has been restoring for almost 2 hours now. I need some serious help. PLEASE.
Please help

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
How do I do that?
I think Piteko21 was explaining that Malwarebytes possibly removed important Windows files it should not have because they were 'false positives'. This is a mistake to which we are all vulnerable if we're not aware of what is being removed.

Good luck, and I know you'll eventually be able to sort this out, Babybear.

Upvote 0

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
How do I do that?
at the end of scanning you should have everything to quarantine and not immediately clear.
because in quarantine you have the ability to restore clean files.
tries to restore quarantined files and see what is actually malware and system files that are erroneously detected.
sorry for my bad/google translator english;)

Upvote 0
I

illumination

Since your system was infected, and upon Malwarebytes removing the infection and causing your system to crash, whether it be from a False Positive or from the infection being embedded into a file/s, being removed and corrupting the file/s which is more then likely the case, I would highly suggest opening a thread with one of our malware removal experts.

Malware Removal Assistance

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.