Guide | How To BoraMurdar's Fix Tools

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Well i tried first a Manjaro Linux Distribution, and when that didnt work i tried With a Windows 7 ISO, Unfortunately 2nd also failed. Later tried with NT Password , but no +ve results.
Well it could happen for several reasons:
  • Sometimes when the path to the ISO is too long, it could come up to a problem. Try to put your ISOs to (for example) D/MyISO's.
  • Try, that folder you name has no spaces, and also ISO's names without spaces in it's names. Like Windows_7_Pro_x64.iso.
  • Maybe it's the problem with your USB and maybe from your computer... let's see:
Please download Qemu Simple Boot (by BlueLife)
http://www.sordum.org/dns_jumper/quemu_sb/qsib_v1.3.zip

Extract it to your Desktop, you'll get folder named qsib_v1.3
Insert your USB
Enter the folder and run Qsib.exe file as Administrator
Set the options like I did in the following screenshot (Your USB name and letter is probably different)
Capture.JPG

We will try to emulate boot environment.
Click "Start Qemu Test"

Window will close itself, and open new one.
In my case, it's this one
Capture1.JPG

Tell me, what's happening in your case...

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I assumed it's HP laptop :D

I found this article, it may help. Your master boot record is probably broken or modified... You'll need to fix it.

When your computer starts, the system BIOS begins to check a pre-determined list of drives and devices that may contain an operating system (Windows 7 or Windows 8). Normally, the computer boots from your primary hard drive, or a boot device that you have selected, where the operating system is stored. If the boot device is damaged, or if the computer attempts to boot from a different device, the operating system does not start up and you receive an error message. There are numerous possible causes and solutions for this error. Use this document as a guide through the troubleshooting process.

How can I fix this error?

Try the following troubleshooting steps, in order, until Windows starts normally.

Step 1: Check the computer cable connections
Make sure that all computer cables are connected properly to the correct ports. Check the connections at both ends of each cable. If you recently moved a cable to a different port on the computer, move it back to the original port, if possible. When finished, restart the computer.
Step 2: Remove all external devices
Disconnect all peripheral devices from your computer (for example: printers, memory card readers, external hard drives, and external CD/DVD drives), except the keyboard, mouse, and monitor (if applicable). With all devices disconnected, restart the computer. If the computer starts normally, it was attempting to boot from one of the external devices. Reconnect the devices one at a time, restarting each time, to identify which device was causing the problem.

Step 3: Select a different boot device
The boot order may have been changed, or a partition was added or removed, causing the computer to attempt to boot from the incorrect device or partition. Reset the default boot order or select a different boot device using the steps in the appropriate section for your computer:
note.png

NOTE:BIOS configurations vary depending on the computer model. The BIOS settings are generally found in the Maintenance and Service Guide, available on the HP product page for your computer model.
note.png

NOTE:The steps for modifying the boot order can vary depending on the computer model. Use the following steps as a guide while paying attention to the on-screen instructions. Some steps may be slightly different on your computer.

Step 4: Repair startup with the Windows installation disc or recovery media
If you have the Windows installation disc that came with your copy of Windows, or if you created Windows recovery media (DVDs or USB drive), use the Startup Repair (Windows 7) or Automatic Repair (Windows 8) feature to fix the startup error:

Step 5: Use the bootrec.exe tool in the Windows Recovery Environment
If you have the Windows installation disc that came with your copy of Windows, or if you created Windows recovery media (DVDs or USB drive), use the bootrec.exe tool to troubleshoot and repair the Master Boot Record.
If you are using Windows 7, perform the steps in Use the Bootrec.exe tool in the Windows Recovery Environment to troubleshoot and repair startup issues in Windows (in English) from Microsoft support.
If you are using Windows 8, perform the following steps:
  1. Insert the Windows 8 installation disc, or recovery media.
  2. Press a key when prompted.
  3. Select the language, time and currency format, and keyboard or input method, and then click Next.
  4. Click Repair your computer.
  5. Click Troubleshoot.
    Figure 10: Troubleshoot
    c03768947.jpg
    Testing a Hard Disk using the Built in Self Test
  6. Windows 7 desktops: Testing for Hardware Failures
  7. Windows 8 notebooks: Testing for Hardware Failures
  8. Windows 8 desktops: Testing for Hardware Failures
    If the results indicate the hard drive has failed, the hard drive needs to be replaced. Have the computer serviced, or look up the hard drive replacement procedure in your product's Maintenance and Service guide, available on the HP product page for your computer model. After replacing the hard drive, use recovery discs to reinstall your operating system on the new drive. If you did not make a set of recovery discs, refer to Looking for Recovery Discs? for information about ordering recovery discs from HP.
    If the hard drive is working normally but Windows still does not boot, proceed to the next troubleshooting step.
    Step 7: Perform an HP System Recovery
    If a new hard drive was added, hard drive partitions were created or removed, or you installed a different operating system, and if none of the previous troubleshooting steps have corrected the error, you may need to perform a recovery on your computer to fix the error. Use the steps in one of the following HP support documents to perform a system recovery:

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I assumed it's HP laptop :D

I found this article, it may help. Your master boot record is probably broken or modified... You'll need to fix it.

When your computer starts, the system BIOS begins to check a pre-determined list of drives and devices that may contain an operating system (Windows 7 or Windows 8). Normally, the computer boots from your primary hard drive, or a boot device that you have selected, where the operating system is stored. If the boot device is damaged, or if the computer attempts to boot from a different device, the operating system does not start up and you receive an error message. There are numerous possible causes and solutions for this error. Use this document as a guide through the troubleshooting process.

How can I fix this error?

Try the following troubleshooting steps, in order, until Windows starts normally.

Step 1: Check the computer cable connections
Make sure that all computer cables are connected properly to the correct ports. Check the connections at both ends of each cable. If you recently moved a cable to a different port on the computer, move it back to the original port, if possible. When finished, restart the computer.
Step 2: Remove all external devices
Disconnect all peripheral devices from your computer (for example: printers, memory card readers, external hard drives, and external CD/DVD drives), except the keyboard, mouse, and monitor (if applicable). With all devices disconnected, restart the computer. If the computer starts normally, it was attempting to boot from one of the external devices. Reconnect the devices one at a time, restarting each time, to identify which device was causing the problem.

Step 3: Select a different boot device
The boot order may have been changed, or a partition was added or removed, causing the computer to attempt to boot from the incorrect device or partition. Reset the default boot order or select a different boot device using the steps in the appropriate section for your computer:
note.png

NOTE:BIOS configurations vary depending on the computer model. The BIOS settings are generally found in the Maintenance and Service Guide, available on the HP product page for your computer model.
note.png

NOTE:The steps for modifying the boot order can vary depending on the computer model. Use the following steps as a guide while paying attention to the on-screen instructions. Some steps may be slightly different on your computer.

Step 4: Repair startup with the Windows installation disc or recovery media
If you have the Windows installation disc that came with your copy of Windows, or if you created Windows recovery media (DVDs or USB drive), use the Startup Repair (Windows 7) or Automatic Repair (Windows 8) feature to fix the startup error:

Step 5: Use the bootrec.exe tool in the Windows Recovery Environment
If you have the Windows installation disc that came with your copy of Windows, or if you created Windows recovery media (DVDs or USB drive), use the bootrec.exe tool to troubleshoot and repair the Master Boot Record.
If you are using Windows 7, perform the steps in Use the Bootrec.exe tool in the Windows Recovery Environment to troubleshoot and repair startup issues in Windows (in English) from Microsoft support.
If you are using Windows 8, perform the following steps:
  1. Insert the Windows 8 installation disc, or recovery media.
  2. Press a key when prompted.
  3. Select the language, time and currency format, and keyboard or input method, and then click Next.
  4. Click Repair your computer.
  5. Click Troubleshoot.
    Figure 10: Troubleshoot
    c03768947.jpg
    Testing a Hard Disk using the Built in Self Test
  6. Windows 7 desktops: Testing for Hardware Failures
  7. Windows 8 notebooks: Testing for Hardware Failures
  8. Windows 8 desktops: Testing for Hardware Failures
    If the results indicate the hard drive has failed, the hard drive needs to be replaced. Have the computer serviced, or look up the hard drive replacement procedure in your product's Maintenance and Service guide, available on the HP product page for your computer model. After replacing the hard drive, use recovery discs to reinstall your operating system on the new drive. If you did not make a set of recovery discs, refer to Looking for Recovery Discs? for information about ordering recovery discs from HP.
    If the hard drive is working normally but Windows still does not boot, proceed to the next troubleshooting step.
    Step 7: Perform an HP System Recovery
    If a new hard drive was added, hard drive partitions were created or removed, or you installed a different operating system, and if none of the previous troubleshooting steps have corrected the error, you may need to perform a recovery on your computer to fix the error. Use the steps in one of the following HP support documents to perform a system recovery:
Constant staring over the post, almost got eye irritation. ☻
Thanks for ur hard work, i will check and inform later.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Hi @BoraMurdar i diagonised my hardware for the problem, but it stated as clean in the log. Any other modes to try? I cannot straight away refresh or reset my PC just for one cause, I believe there is a solution for this and its hiding from us.

Reactions: Deleted member 2913

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Hi @BoraMurdar i diagonised my hardware for the problem, but it stated as clean in the log. Any other modes to try? I cannot straight away refresh or reset my PC just for one cause, I believe there is a solution for this and its hiding from us.
Did you try commands from Windows Recovery Media > StartUp Repair > Command Prompt > and then type :

Code:
BootRec.exe /fixmbr
BootRec.exe /fixboot

Make sure (for just in case) that you backup your System Partition...

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Did you try commands from Windows Recovery Media > StartUp Repair > Command Prompt > and then type :

Code:
BootRec.exe /fixmbr
BootRec.exe /fixboot

Make sure (for just in case) that you backup your System Partition...
I'll try and let u know. What do u mean "backup your System Partition"?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.