Guide | How To BoraMurdar's Fix Tools

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I'll try and let u know. What do u mean "backup your System Partition"?
This will deal with your :
  • A master boot record (MBR)
  • A boot sector
  • A Boot Configuration Data (BCD) store
which we'll try to fix. This commands are used when Windows cannot access boot information from any media (HDD, CD/DVD or USB). Particularly when Windows becomes unbootable. In your case USB is unbootable.
If you have any way to create a backup of your system partition using Acronis, Macrium, EASEUS, AOMEI or similar I recommend you to do the backup.
I am 99% sure that nothing bad will happen (Windows becomes unbootable for example) but we never know.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
So how to begin it all? Can u brief it all step wise[Including BIOS config, secure boot]? Because i dont want to make any mistake.
Well, this would be done in 15min all, but the main problem doesn't allow us.
All you would need to do is to enter Hirens Boot, make a backup of your C (System Partition), save backup to some external usb flash drive or external storage, insert windows installation disk, reboot, enter recovery, startup repair, command prompt and enter those commands above.
But, now, I must ask, do you have problem reinstalling your Windows if anything goes wrong? :rolleyes:

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Well, this would be done in 15min all, but the main problem doesn't allow us.
All you would need to do is to enter Hirens Boot, make a backup of your C (System Partition), save backup to some external usb flash drive or external storage, insert windows installation disk, reboot, enter recovery, startup repair, command prompt and enter those commands above.
But, now, I must ask, do you have problem reinstalling your Windows if anything goes wrong? :rolleyes:
What is Hirens Boot and how to enter it? Sorry for giving u so much work!
Well i have spent more than 20 GB to install my software and applications, i'm afraid i cant make backup more than 15 GB since i have aUSB of that limit. Its really difficult to purchase[Internet] all the installations again, And also In India Corruption has gone way high that its really difficult to afford internet connection with a huge TAX rate of 12.36% [In My State]. So as of now since i'm jobless and dependent on my parents money, its difficult under my scenario[I hope u get the point ].
Thanks..☻

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
What is Hirens Boot and how to enter it? Sorry for giving u so much work!
Well i have spent more than 20 GB to install my software and applications, i'm afraid i cant make backup more than 15 GB since i have aUSB of that limit. Its really difficult to purchase[Internet] all the installations again, And also In India Corruption has gone way high that its really difficult to afford internet connection with a huge TAX rate of 12.36% [In My State]. So as of now since i'm jobless and dependent on my parents money, its difficult under my scenario[I hope u get the point ].
Thanks..☻
I get it.
Do you know how to burn ISO files?
Does your laptop allows you to boot from a CD/DVD?
Do you know how to backup your system partition?

Reactions: Deleted member 2913

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I get it.
Do you know how to burn ISO files?
Does your laptop allows you to boot from a CD/DVD?
Do you know how to backup your system partition?
yes for all!
I'm with the results: It stated
Code:
BootRec.exe is not recognised as an internal or external command operable program or batch file
. This was when i tried booting with recovery drive which i had created 1 year back.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
yes for all!
I'm with the results: It stated
Code:
BootRec.exe is not recognised as an internal or external command operable program or batch file
. This was when i tried booting with recovery drive which i had created 1 year back.
Did you try this (exact)

bootrec.exe /FixMbr
bootrec.exe /FixBoot

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
yes there is a space
Well I tried now it in two ways.

By recovery media>>Recovery>>My HP Recovery environment started and>> Check for disc errors and diagonse PC>> Used Command prompt>> but results were:
"BootRec.exe is not recognised as an internal or external command operable program or batch file"

When i tried with default recovery environment without accessing the CD/DVD i navigated to
Troubleshoot>>Advanced>>ComandPrompt>>
I got the results:
"Operation completed successfully"

whats next?

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Well I tried now it in two ways.

By recovery media>>Recovery>>My HP Recovery environment started and>> Check for disc errors and diagonse PC>> Used Command prompt>> but results were:
"BootRec.exe is not recognised as an internal or external command operable program or batch file"

When i tried with default recovery environment without accessing the CD/DVD i navigated to
Troubleshoot>>Advanced>>ComandPrompt>>
I got the results:
"Operation completed successfully"

whats next?
If you tried both commands, then you should try if you can boot from your USB created by YUMI

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
@BoraMurdar , we both have been a lot under the discussion of fixing my boot to use this Multiboot feature in my PC, though with your effort we could not fix the problem, i have fixed this problem by little risk modification in my BIOS.
Come-on there is no such complicated theory, i had to just Enable the Legacy Boot in my BIOS so that it allows other external kits and Older OS to boot in my PC. So thanks for all your effort and time with me, and now I am able to successfully boot with my USB.

☻☻THANKS ☻☻

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
@BoraMurdar , we both have been a lot under the discussion of fixing my boot to use this Multiboot feature in my PC, though with your effort we could not fix the problem, i have fixed this problem by little risk modification in my BIOS.
Come-on there is no such complicated theory, i had to just Enable the Legacy Boot in my BIOS so that it allows other external kits and Older OS to boot in my PC. So thanks for all your effort and time with me, and now I am able to successfully boot with my USB.

☻☻THANKS ☻☻
I thought you've already tried all BIOS settings when we started :D :p
Cool bro, I am really glad you fix that up!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.