Petrovic

Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013

[URL='https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=647685538661298&set=a.432353560194498.1073741826.414626141967240&type=1']

[/URL]

It was a humiliation of epic proportions – the heaviest ever defeat in a World Cup semi-final - and one a nation of 200 million fervent fans could not believe they were witnessing as the greatest party on earth was brought to a staggeringly abrupt climax.

It was one of the most incredible 45 minutes of football ever seen at a major tournament, and one you wonder if some of the Brazilians will ever truly recover from.

The simple truth unfolding was what so many had feared – Brazil are, in fact, an average side that has over-performed on home soil and been dragged forward by the sheer will of the people.

It will, of course, be pointed out that golden boy Neymar missed the collapse in Belo Horizonte through injury, but the Barcelona superstar would have been powerless to prevent the German onslaught.

And it was, as so many people suggested prior to kick-off, suspended captain Thiago Silva who was the real miss.

Without his leadership and guidance the defence simply fell apart as they were horribly exposed time and time and time again.

Thomas Muller got the ball rolling as early as the tenth minute, as he netted his fifth goal of this tournament and his tenth World Cup finals goal. And it’s arguable if he will ever score an easier one.

Toni Kroos’ corner sailed over the heads of everyone in a yellow shirt to find Muller all alone, unmarked, six yards from goal, and he did not pass up the opportunity.

That was the way the game stayed until the 22nd minute when a suicidal period from the hosts ended the match as a contest as they inexplicably leaked four goals in seven insane minutes.

Miroslav Klose made is 2-0 after 22 minutes, and wrote his name into the World Cup history books in the process as he became the tournament’s all-time record goalscorer as he extended his tally to 16, one ahead of Brazilian great Ronaldo.

He needed two attempts to force the ball in, after his initial shot was saved by Julio Cesar, but such was the space afforded to him in the penalty area that he had plenty of time to pick his spot and score.

Two minutes later, Kroos added a third when he fired in left-footed from the edge of the box after a cross has been allowed to travel all the way across the face of goal from the opposite side of the pitch.

And it was 4-0 just seconds later as Brazil utterly imploded.

Fernandinho gave the ball away 15 yards outside his own penalty box, and Kroos was simply allowed to waltz into the space behind him, exchange passes with Sami Khedira, and roll the ball into the corner of the net.

And the embarrassment continued when Khedira himself added a fifth after 29 minutes. He exploited another massive gap in the Brazil rearguard, played a one-two with Mesut Ozil, and finished casually.

It was a horror half and left Luiz Felipe Scolari with an almost impossible task to rally his troops for the second period.

To their credit, they started the second half in much more positive fashion, and could have had three goals in the first ten minutes after the break were it not for the magnificent Manuel Neuer.

Hulk and Fernandinho were replaced at the break by Ramires and Paulinho, and Ramires almost made an immediate impact as he got in behind the German defence and pulled the ball back for his Chelsea team-mate, Oscar, but his shot was saved Neuer.

The German keeper repeated the trick two minutes later to deny the same player, and a minute after that he made his best save of the match as he spectacularly turned aside Paulinho’s drive.

But although the Samba stars were looking more threatening going forward, their soft centre was still there, waiting to be exploited.

Muller also did just that on the half hour mark before he was denied by a last ditch diving save by the onrushing Cesar, and the goalkeeper then proved he could be just as impressive as Neuer with a flying stop of his own to turn aside Muller’s 20-yard drive.

But he was powerless to prevent the almost inevitable sixth goal for the Germans in the 69th minute.

And it was another goal of ridiculous simplicity. Two passes exposed Brazil down the left flank, and Philipp Lahm had acres of space to pick his centre for substitute Andre Schurrle to stroke the ball home.

Schurrle and Germany were not finished, however, as 12 minutes from time the Chelsea man made it seven.

A long throw down the right touchline opened up Brazil, and when the ball was played in to Schurrle by Muller he took one touch with his right foot to control it before smashing it in off the underside of the crossbar with his left foot.

It completed a stunning display by Joachim Low’s side and, while Brazil certainly contributed to their own downfall, there can be no doubting the quality of the Germans.

Perhaps it was fitting, however, that the final word fell to a Brazilian as Oscar provided some consolation, scant though it surely was, as he finally beat Neuer in the final minute to at least get the Selecao on the scoresheet.

But for them, the dream is over, and the lights have been well and truly turned out on their party.

For Germany, though, they now turn their attention to Argentina or Holland in the Maracana on Sunday.

The question for them is whether they can come down from the extraordinary high of a victory of this magnitude to repeat this level of performance in Rio. But this is Germany, so you suspect they probably can, and will.

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
Even if you are the best team, you can't win every match. And over that, there are some really bad days.

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
nxjbwm.jpg

Mateotis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2014
That match...just wow.
I'm not a WC fan, but I did watch the first 45 minutes. It will surely be hard to recover from such a crushing defeat. On the other hand, Germany looks prone to win the whole thing. However, the Netherlands beat Spain, the former world champions, 5-1 as well. Would be great to see these two in the finals!

Sidenote: The "awesome" Hungarian national team lost to the Netherlands 8-1 not so long ago. Even though everyone expected them to be pwned, it was still a laughable score.

Reactions: Nico@FMA
Y

yigido

I hope this night Argentina will win. Because I support Germany and I do not want a big power against Germany in final match :D
Messi will cry LOL :D :D

D

Deleted member 178

Brazil weakness was and always will be defense, and against solid teams they cant win except by individual exploits

Reactions: XhenEd

PauloXBR

Level 1
Verified
Dec 9, 2012
I am Brazilian and I say this was the worst team already formed for a world cup!
Played no match well, without preparation, our technical Filipão is extremely stubborn. We have several experienced players he did not call.
Congratulations to Germany which played a great football!
Well... we still have five world titles kkkkk

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
Well first of all LOTS and LOTS of kudos for our neighbors the Germans, it was a great match.
Brazil has encountered exactly that what they needed.
They have been faking and tripping their way trough the WC without showing real soccer, so this was bound to happen specially if you meet a German team as good as this one.
That being said i feel sorry for Brazil as they are one of the greatest soccer nations on the planet, but truth to be said virtually ANY triple A team in EU could beat Brazil in the same fashion as Germany did, while not every EU team is as good as the German mannschaft.

What i personally did not like about this WC is the so called analysts predicting all kinds of games like they have been there themselves.
Some nations where already crowned WC champion or runner up before the WC even started.
Spain VS Netherlands was a clear example, granted we did have a huge score to settle as last time they did become WChamp due to the REF who gave a penalty kick which later has been proven should never have been given, so as a Dutch guy we got robbed of the WC Title.
So hence why the game was specially "critical" to the Netherlands.
Thing tho is that every webpage that writes articles about soccer said Spain is going to be a final candidate and the Netherlands where not good enough to survive the group stage.

Brazil, Argentina, Spain, Portugal, France and Italy have been named as true winners of the WC before they even played one match.
Fact is Spain, Brazil, France and Italy are all out just Argentina, Netherlands and Germany remain.

And why is that? Well not because they all played epic matches, but they all did play soccer for the full 90+ minutes without losing track of their objectives.
They did not drown in self pride and ego tripping as most of these so called star players did in the previous mentioned teams.

Now in respect to Brazil vs Germany this punishment was long over due as this should have happened much earlier in the WC IMO.
Tonight its going to be Argentina vs Netherlands and while i have to face the fact that Argentina is probably a bit better then our team, and that our odds winning this match is lets say 40% it does not change the fact that Argentina needs a bit more then just Messi to beat us.
We might not have shown the best soccer and our play might not always have been convincing enough fact is that we did not lose a match here:

How they qualified
The Netherlands positively cruised into the finals of Brazil 2014, coming through as Europe's the joint-top point scorers - alongside Germany - on 28, with their 2-2 draw against Estonia the only minor blemish on a near-faultless campaign. At times they were absolutely purring, in no game more so than their 8-1 defeat of Hungary, while Germany were the only side on the continent to score more goals than their 34.

Results speak louder then reputation as reputation can only be made or broken.
My point here is everyone could see teams outperforming better teams by just committing 110% to the match now ask yourself despite the fact that many favorites are out of the WC, did anyone of them truly show the same resolve as for example Germany, Belgium or Netherlands?

The simple truth is NONE of them did.
Now i am not going to say that we invented the wheel here as there is a lot to be said about our own team the Dutch, however to those who counted Brazil, Spain, Argentina and Italy as the true winners of the WC before it even started do not be surprised if the WC ends in a final Germany vs Netherlands.
Because to stop the hype talks Messi is fantastic, great, brilliant, unreal but he is just one man with a mediocre team supporting him.
While the Netherlands has a mediocre team but its a TEAM front to back and that the basic point i am making.
Most of these big teams where driven by one or 2 star players, while Germany, Belgium and Netherlands are driven by a full team effort and that's what soccer is all about and star player or not, reputation or not a full team effort is ALWAYS 60% of the game, where scoring goals and defending your own goal is the last 40%.
So most of these big teams lost due the fact they already started with minus 60% imo.

Also notable american soccer analysts are such a joke, i have seen their comments on TV and the Internet... how some of the classified teams like Greece, Belgium, Netherlands, Croatia NOT of importance, insignificant and so on compared to Brazil, Argentina, Spain and such. Or how about some south american teams and African teams? Did you read what they wrote about them? Omg...

How can Netherlands for example be called insignificant when it has been number one team in the world for many times, and is the best team in the world that did NOT win the WC yet?
Hell most so called soccer writers do not even know how big Netherlands actually is within the soccer world...
And the funny part is there are nations out there who are even less known but have pretty impressive track record.
From August to September 2011, the team was ranked number 1 in the FIFA World Rankings, thus becoming the second national football team, after Spain, to top the rankings without previously winning a World Cup. (Spain won the World Cup in 2010.)

Same goes for the other mentioned teams Belgium is a clear example of this look up the Red devils (Belgium nickname for their soccer team) they have a incredible rich track record and are being counted as one of the hardest teams to beat.
There are so many lessons to be learned out of this WC.
Look at Australia, or the US team, both juniors in the WC and both performing rather well, sure it did look like crap and was far from perfect, but results count.

And to get back at Brazil if Australia would play against Brazil in the same way they did play against the Netherlands then even they could beat Brazil hands down.
And its all based upon team effort.

Cheers

Reactions: samit

SherKaan

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
Brazil was lucky enough to get this far in the competition courtesy of the weaker teams they got to play. They bullied Colombia the other day (through rash play and great help from the referee) who were still a better team than Brazil and deserved to play in the Semis. And once they got to play a top side like Germany, they got humbled. Even, with their boy wonder Neymar, they couldn't have won.

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
Although I want to see Argentina vs Germany in the final, Argentina looks weaker team than Netherland......Argentina has really weak defense, Netherland just need to exploit that....
Anyway, best of luck for both Netherlands and Argentina for tonight match...may the deserving team win.....

Reactions: Nico@FMA

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
Although I want to see Argentina vs Germany in the final, Argentina looks weaker team than Netherland......Argentina has really weak defense, Netherland just need to exploit that....
Anyway, best of luck for both Netherlands and Argentina for tonight match...may the deserving team win.....

Brazil was lucky enough to get this far in the competition courtesy of the weaker teams they got to play. They bullied Colombia the other day (through rash play and great help from the referee) who were still a better team than Brazil and deserved to play in the Semis. And once they got to play a top side like Germany, they got humbled. Even, with their boy wonder Neymar, they couldn't have won.

So what do you guys think about the Dutch team as it is? How did you think they would do? And how are they doing now being in the semi finals?

I am sure you guys did read the internet predictions and such, so tell me what you think? And tell me what you did think about Brazil and such?

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
That match...just wow.
I'm not a WC fan, but I did watch the first 45 minutes. It will surely be hard to recover from such a crushing defeat. On the other hand, Germany looks prone to win the whole thing. However, the Netherlands beat Spain, the former world champions, 5-1 as well. Would be great to see these two in the finals!

Sidenote: The "awesome" Hungarian national team lost to the Netherlands 8-1 not so long ago. Even though everyone expected them to be pwned, it was still a laughable score.

Beware what you wish for as tonight its the moment of truth.

D

Deleted member 178

If i knew France will loose only 1-0 against Germany , i will bet on them :D

What can be said is that all the countries with exciting championship (aka "our clubs have dozen superstars") failed. By buying dozen of mercenaries , they block the ascenscion of local players that are relegated as B-Team players. Best example is England and Spain.

I remember when before clubs were allowed of only 3 foreign players in the field. Championships and International competitions were awesome.

Now i dislike actual soccer , the new embodiement of abusive use of money to reach the goal. Arrogant and perverted players coming from the ghettos barely talking properly their languages and then acting as if they always been part of the high society.

I wish Netherland wins it.

SherKaan

Level 12
Verified
Mar 17, 2014
Germany deserves to win the title after what they did to Brazil last night. Brazil will never ever be the same again. RIP!

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Germany vs. Argentina

What country do you think will win?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.