App Review Browser Security Test 2015 Thread (MalwareDoctor)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

MDTechVideos

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
It has been a couple of years since I have done a browser series test. So the first video here is Internet Explorer. I have already recorded 4 other browser test (did them all one after another). Not sure if they are all going to be uploaded today but they will all be posted in this thread.

MDTechVideos

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
Because it has SmartScreen against malicious dowloads and mal. websites.

Believe it or not SmartScreen was disabled in this test (in description of video on YT).

How about 360 browser ? It's developed by Qihoo :D Or Baidu Spark .

I did not even think of them. I will give that browser a try as well thanks for the suggestion. (;

M

MalwareT

Believe it or not SmartScreen was disabled in this test (in description of video on YT).

I did not even think of them. I will give that browser a try as well thanks for the suggestion. (;

Anytime. Anyway you can also test Yandex Browser (russian),but they have english version. They have download protection (scanning file for malware by Kaspersky engine i think).

Reactions: Sr. Normal

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
I knew IE is really good. On my Firefox I have unchecked. So, I only let HitmanPro.Alert and Avast Free to protect me. :)

Reactions: Sr. Normal

neapo

Level 1
Verified
Sep 29, 2014
Here are some browsers you should add to the list to test:

Avant
Chromium
Dooble
K-Meleon
Lunascape
Maxthon - yes i know you've tested last year, should give them a chance to test this year again
Midori
Pale Moon
QupZilla
SeaMonkey
Sleipnir
Torch Browser

Reactions: Sr. Normal and Sasa

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.