C vs C++

Status
Not open for further replies.

NullPointerException

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
I am a K&R fan. I love C. C, is my love of life. I really like the fact that it is SO SIMPLE. It's basically the low-level Python. In spite of the fact that C++ is a more high-level language ; it is complicated. In fact, it is too big for me to understand all of it. C++ is...garbage. It lacks garbage-collecter. But so does C. C# does not, but it's simply too alien to me. I'll simply prefer C over C++.

A lot of users, including Linus and other well-known programmers agree that C is better than C++. What do you think about it? I personally strongly agree. Any programmer that has done his education should know C++. But any programmer that considers himself a programmer must do C. In fact, I learnt C at the age of fourteen. Even before that, I said to myself that I'll be a computer scientist.

Reactions: Oxygen and MalwareT

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
lets not try to find out which one is better. Both are good.

But my vote goes to C++ because of OOPs support/ Exception handling and many more. That does not means I am against C. C is the mother of C++. Both are very dear to me.

Reactions: Oxygen

NullPointerException

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
Deadly serious,Windows 1-2k were made in fortran, and i can tell you it sucks :D Yes Dev C++ is IDE, and when i told them about Visual Studio they said it's too much difficult.
Visual Studio and difficult? LOL. I myself prefer Code Blocks and Eclipse over Visual Studios, but there is not a single way where it is difficult over Dev C++.
Fortran is basically just mathematical translator. As an Algebra-hater, I can tell you to stay away from it.

NullPointerException

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
lets not try to find out which one is better. Both are good.

But my vote goes to C++ because of OOPs support/ Exception handling and many more. That does not means I am against C. C is the mother of C++. Both are very dear to me.
C and even Fortran are OOP. Although I do agree C++ has the increment over it because of its more features. But C++'s classes are bad in my opinion. It's like writing saying C++ is a language to write kernel.

NullPointerException

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
I am learning Java which is more like C++ which is more object-oriented programming. The positive when learning C++ is that you indirect learn C more or less so switch between those is easier and a plus.
I kinda disagree. As a programmer that knows both C and C++, I can confirm the more you know C, the harder it'll be to code in C++. In fact, Bjarne himself said, in the preface of the third edition of the C++ Programming Language, that "It's just hard to program in C++ if you know C. In fact, I prefer learning C++ before C"

Reactions: Oxygen

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I love to try C and C++ as a basic programming language since majority of software came here in scratch as it can covers all simple and hard core coding.

For me our college CS dept. curriculum provides VB.Net which is simple, and easy to understand. Although the range of useful by others isn't generally on demand like C and C++.

But honestly, same concepts with different syntax so just master first the main programming that you hold so migrating to other languages isn't an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.