Battle Can I use 360 Internet Security with ESET Smart Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
If planning for trio engines: ESET, Bitdefender and Avira then it will increase 0.00001 percent + it can cause consumption of resources problem + drivers conflict.

Just add code CS (Common sense) and that will not cause conflict. ;)

Reactions: frogboy

Janl92l

Level 7
Verified
Nov 7, 2014
if u find eset is not enough you can ad some pure anti executable software like Voodoshield,novirusthanksexe or other similare products. They dont conflict with ur main av,are realy light and are a great extra layer of protection.

Reactions: jamescv7

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
1. I would recommend in picking just ESET Smart Security
2. There was a discussion on Wilders regarding 360 compatibilty with other security programs.
In Total Security changelog, it reads (Since they added replaced IS with TSE, I can't find IS version history)

(http://www.360totalsecurity.com/en/version/ts/)
" v5.2.0.1074 Nov 25, 2014
  • Added: Improve performance when installed with other anti-virus software"
Regardless of that, most users agreed that you should use only 1 antivirus software.

I don't recall if anyone has tested the validity of that changelog. And the compatibility with other security software might not work with the latest version though.

But like already said, I would suggest ESET Smart Security.

Reactions: jamescv7

jerzy601

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
One rule of thumb is never installed two programs AVS in the system because this leads to problems, you have to decide who is to be installed.:mad:

Reactions: LabZero

Durden

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Dec 21, 2013
even if u managed to white-list them and had no conflicts, no problems or whatsoever .. the question remains is why would you need them both ? you might have a neglected increase in protection if any ...
IMHO you're better of sticking with ESET for real-time protection (since you already have a licence).. u can add a secondary on demand-scanner .. you can also add something like sandboxie if you run lots of unknown software with the potential of being infected

H

hjlbx

Keep it simple and stick to ESET Smart Security.

For typical use there is more than sufficient protection using ESS.

If you focus on learning to use ESS at a high level, then your system will be protected much more than the combo you are attempting.

ESS has all the necessary tools... it is learning how to use each of them with skill that is the hard part.

On top of it all, combos - while they can be achieved - are difficult to sustain due to many potential issues.

Reactions: Durden
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.