Cannot get rid of "Go Save" virus.

whippette

Thread author
Sep 27, 2014
Dear TwinHeadedEagle,

I made an account on this website only to thank you with the bottom of my earth.

A little bit of history about this malware: I got it around 2 weeks ago from an unknown download and i started noticing that the extensions would keep coming back although i removed them (on chrome). Since i never got any virus or malware (or haven't noticed it), i only thought it was a little thing.

I would constantly click on "close ad" but eventually i got tired of doing that so i went in the softwares installed and deleted the one saying "GoSave". Recently after, i noticed that "NeXtCeoup" was the same software installed on another name.
This malware also goes by the name of "Gb_something", "gupdate", "Ggrabber", "YouutubeAdBl0cke" and i think "Search project" and "Webbinugi".

I went through a lot of laborious steps by steps guide asking me to stop the process of gosave, delete the software, erase chrome extensions, history, cookies, go remove certain files in temporary folder, delete certain registry keys, etc. After all that work, i was desperate to see that none worked and the virus was still there.

I downloaded stopzilla which found threats but would only remove them if i bought the full version of the software. Since i am a student and have no money, it was not a solution i could considerate. I then turned via AVG free antivirus and although he found 3 threats, removing them did not do anything.

I was on the edge of formatting my whole PC when i came upon your post.
And hell, it worked. After hours of work, this little script did the trick. I looked at the log and i see lines and lines of hidden files with "gosave" or "nextceoup" in it. Lines that i would never have been able to find myself if i had kept doing the manual way.

Like i said, i don't have money to give right now, but you are worth a thousand dollars and i hope life will give it back to you :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.