Can't get rid of Tuvaro toolbar

kuttus

Level 2
Verified
Oct 5, 2012
Great... Delete the Shortcuts for Both Mozilla and Internet Explorer on your desktop.

After that goto the location c:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\ and right click on iexplore.exe and select Send to Desktop. It will add one new short cut for Internet Explorer on your desktop.

Same way got to the location c:\Program Files\Mozila\ and right click on the file firefox.exe and select Send to Desktop. It will add one new short cut for Mozilla Firefox on your desktop.

After that you can use those 2 new shortcuts with out any problems.

It was a Shortcut Hijack. :)

janet444

Thread author
Verified
Jan 24, 2014
Imagine that! I did it and it worked! It's probably a good thing that I did so much to get rid of it, because my son had a ton of malware that got cleaned up!

Thank you so much for your help! I couldn't have done this on my own.

Janet

kuttus

Level 2
Verified
Oct 5, 2012
Now that your PC is clean, I recommend you to create a new System Restore point then purge the old ones after.

For XP
How to create a Restore Point in XP
Delete all restore points except the most recent one

For Vista
Create a restore point
Delete all but the most recent restore point

For Windows 7
Create a restore point
Delete all but the most recent restore point - Click the Delete all but the most recent restore point link

Keep your system updated
  • Keeping your programs (especially Adobe and Java products) updated is essential. Update Checker will notify you if any of your programs require an update.
  • Microsoft releases patches for Windows and Office products regularly to patch up Windows and Office product bugs and vulnerabilities.
  • Please ensure you update your system regularly and have automatic updates on. You can learn how to turn Automatic Updates on here

I also recommend you to switch your antivirus program to a better one. Here are some suggestions:

In addition to your antivirus, you need additional protection such as a firewall and behavioural blocker.

Here are only a few suggestions that will improve your system security. Should you wish to allow us to make full recommendations and set your PC up with maximum security, please start a thread here. Our community of PC enthusiasts and experts will give you feedback and help you secure your system from future malware infections.

Internet Explorer may be the most popular browser but it's definitely not the most secure browser. Consider using other browsers with addition add-ons to safeguard your system while browsing the internet.

Firefox is a more secure, faster browser than Internet Explorer. Firefox contains less vulnerabilities, reducing the risk of drive-by downloads. In addition, you can add the following add-ons to increase security.
  • KeyScramber - Encrypts your keystrokes to protect you against keyloggers that steals personal & banking information
  • AdBlock - Disable/blocks advertisements on websites so you won't accidentally click on a malicious ad.
  • NoScript - Disables Flash & Java contents to avoid exploits or drive-by attacks
  • Web of Trust - Shows the website rating by other users and blocks dangerous and poor-rated sites

Google Chrome is another good browser that is faster and more secure than Internet Explorer by having a sandbox feature. Additionally, you can add the following add-on to Chrome to heighten security.

Lastly, it is important to perform system maintenance on a regular basis. Here are a few tools and on-demand scanners that you should keep & use every 1-2 weeks to keep your system healthy.

Other than that, stay safe out there! If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to ask :)

What's next?
  1. Bulild up your malware defenses by starting a new thread in Security Configuration Wizard forum.
  2. Learn how to avoid malware by reading this article How to easily avoid malware
  3. Be an active member in the MalwareTips community!
    smile.gif

My virus removal help is always free. Should you wish to show your appreciation via a donation, it will be much appreciated.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.