Can't Register BD Free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claw

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2013
Ok, installed Bitdefender Free. All went well, it updated and is scanning, I have 29 days left. Went to register and got this, "the connection to the server failed, the product cannot be activated" . 29 days left and counting, any ideas on what I should do next ?

Circe

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jul 3, 2013
Have you tried restarting your PC then trying again to activate Bitdefender free?
*Edit - Please note Bitdefender free is not windows 10 compatible yet.

Claw

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2013
Hey Circe, I've tried that a couple of times and I'm on Win 7.

Kipsh, you may be right. I'm going to install it on an old xp I have to see if I get the same message.

Claw

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2013
Ok, I'm not sure what the issue was as of yet, but Bitdefender email support looked into the problem and everything seems to be fixed. Thanks for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.