Castle's Security Configuration

Castle

Thread author
Oct 1, 2015
This is my configuration. I am also using OpenDNS. I am open to any suggestions you have to offer.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Maybe a backup solution such as Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper both have a very good free version. ;)

If you do not have a portable HDD give Aomei OneKey a try, it will even help make a new partition. :)

OneDay

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
Simple and effective configuration. Well done!
Follow frogboy's advice about backups and a bit of common sense will guide you well.
Thanks for sharing!

I

illumination

Agreed, nice simple config, adding a back up solution would tie it all up..

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Very nice and simple config! I would consider some type of backup solution and at the very least an external drive to backup your files,images,etc.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Very fine tune configuration, that should supplement based on your current computer knowledge; optional case if you are inserting USB then better to have a tool like McShield to prevent it alongside of turn off the autorun completely by USB Protection Tool Free 1.0 .

Reactions: LabZero
L

LabZero

Good security config, maybe too many browsers, that's not a problem :) but two are more than enough.

Reactions: frogboy
D

Deleted member 178

Approved by Staff

2s9jymOt.jpg

Castle

Thread author
Oct 1, 2015
Small update. I found a lifetime license I had for Malwareybtes so I activated the real-time protection. I have two external drives, one is a backup in case the other one fails. Redundancy is great.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.