Thread author
Verified
Sep 29, 2012
INITIAL
fCXQAtn.jpg

WITH LATEST CHANGES
ToVmP72.jpg

First concept UI ever done. Eheh.
First try, so tell me what's wrong. :) I know I can improve by a lot.

EDIT: I have added a desktop feel.

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
'First concept UI ever done. Ehehe.

First try, so tell me what's wrong. :) I know I can improve by a lot.'

- Ok., I will tell you, that it's very ugly, to me ..

I hate flat design, so .. :) - and love saturated colours and 3D ..

I see, that I will stick with the CCleaner version I have in my computer, thank you ..

PS.
Then I don't like social buttons in Options/About in the latest version on the website, so I delete it - I wil stick with older version I have - without these social buttons, thanks ..

Last edited:
Reactions: Cowpipe
D

Deleted member 21043

Hey.

Improvements/The bad:
I think the navigation menu might look better with labels to guide the user to what they are without having to click to see the content.

The "X" menu button height looks about 1 pixel larger than the minimize one. It might not, but that's how it looks for some reason if you look very closely :p

You could try seperating the "ANALYZE" and "CLEAN" controls. Maybe put a "|" in a light color between them? It might not look better, I'm not sure unless I see it like that.

I know it's just a concept however I would say "Internet Explorer" comes under the Apps tab.

Last suggestion (for now) is that you could try adding a border on the outside of the application and see what it looks like. If you already have one, my apologies, I just missed it.

Away from the bad:
I do happen to like the FLAT logo and icons, however I think I do prefer the current original ones but I DO like the ones you have done as well. I like both.

I like the "WIN", "APPS", "REG" navigation menu.

I like the title?

-----
Overall I do and don't like your concept however as a personal preference I do prefer the current CCleaner User Interface. For a first concept I think your going on the right path and with a bit more work and thinking you can start making really nice concepts. Give it some more practise and you'll get even better. And even when someone doesn't like something you have made, don't let that put you down or quit because everyone can get good at something when they put their minds to it and practise enough. Practise will eventually make perfect (well you know what I mean ;) ).

BSOD

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Sep 29, 2012
Hey.
Overall I do and don't like your concept however as a personal preference I do prefer the current CCleaner User Interface. For a first concept I think your going on the right path and with a bit more work and thinking you can start making really nice concepts. Give it some more practise and you'll get even better. And even when someone doesn't like something you have made, don't let that put you down or quit because everyone can get good at something when they put their minds to it and practise enough. Practise will eventually make perfect (well you know what I mean ;) ).

Thanks, thanks :)

Yeah, I take criticism objectively. I need to start making a portfolio of sorts, I plan to apply to Design school! This might probable make it there, or not. Depends on how much better my subsequent works are. Thanks for all the remarks.

Reactions: Cowpipe

Cowpipe

Level 16
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
Aside from what everybody else has said, I think the perspective on the main icon buttons (along the left hand side), are a bit disproportionate. So you have this massive border of empty space or "dead space" around each glyph. I think it would be a bit silly to make the actual icons larger to fill the space since I like their size (and style) already, so how about making that menu a bit smaller, so the icon borders are less. Visual example:

Code:
---------------:         ::::::becomes ---------
|       z       |                     |    z     |
---------------                       ---------

Excuse the distorted ascii 'art'

BSOD

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Sep 29, 2012
Aside from what everybody else has said, I think the perspective on the main icon buttons (along the left hand side), are a bit disproportionate. So you have this massive border of empty space or "dead space" around each glyph. I think it would be a bit silly to make the actual icons larger to fill the space since I like their size (and style) already, so how about making that menu a bit smaller, so the icon borders are less. Visual example:

Code:
---------------:         ::::::becomes ---------
---------------                       ---------

Excuse the distorted ascii 'art'

How is this?

rmLM1M0.jpg

software182

Level 12
Verified
Mar 4, 2014
Well, i love the colors it does look good for me... but it's too simple maybe you can improve it ! BTW nice job bro

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.