Not open for further replies.

Rus Anca

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Jun 18, 2014
I.
CCleaner Standard 4.18.4844

Download page (Standard installer):http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download/standard

CCleaner is a freeware system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool. It removes unused files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. Install, uninstall and toolbar included.

v4.18.4844 (26 Sep 2014)
Active System Monitoring for Free users
Improved Firefox Saved Password cleaning.
Improved Opera History cleaning.
Improved 64-bit build architecture for Window 8 and 8.1.
Added Ashampoo Burning Studio 14, XnView and FastStone Capture cleaning.
Improved localization support.
Minor GUI Improvements.
Minor bug fixes.

Features:
Cleans the following:
1.Internet Explorer
Temporary files, history, cookies, Autocomplete form history, index.dat.
2.Firefox
Temporary files, history, cookies, download history, form history.
3.Google Chrome
Temporary files, history, cookies, download history, form history.
4.Opera
Temporary files, history, cookies.
5.Safari
Temporary files, history, cookies, form history.
6.Windows
Recycle Bin, Recent Documents, Temporary files and Log files.
7.Registry Cleaner
8.Advanced features to remove unused and old entries, including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs, Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons, Invalid Shortcuts and also comes with a comprehensive backup feature.
9.Third-party applications
Removes temp files and recent file lists (MRUs) from many apps including Media Player, eMule, Google Toolbar, Netscape, Microsoft Office, Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip
10.100% Spyware FREE
This software does NOT contain any Spyware, Adware or Viruses.

II.
CCleaner Portable 4.18.4844

Download page (ZIP file, no installer):http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download/portable

III.
CCleaner Slim 4.18.4844

Download page(Basic Installer):http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download/slim

Source:http://www.piriform.com

Mod Edit: Posts merged.

Last edited:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thank you, @Rus Anca . It's high time I update to CCleaner Portable 4.18.4844.
I just looked!!:eek: ..and can hardly believe I'm still using version :rolleyes: 4.17.4808! I must have been sleeping.:confused::p

Last edited:
Reactions: Kent
ا

الشمس

I just looked!! ..and can hardly believe I'm still using version 4.17.4808! I must have been sleeping

c cleaner has an option ' automatically check for updates to c cleaner '.

you must have unchecked the box for that option during c cleaner installation.

or else c cleaner by itself would have prompted you to update your version the moment a newer version is out.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
c cleaner has an option ' automatically check for updates to c cleaner '.

you must have unchecked the box for that option during c cleaner installation.

or else c cleaner by itself would have prompted you to update your version the moment a newer version is out.
Thanks, شمس!
I'd accepted the fact that since I've been using their portable version (extracted onto an external Flash drive) I might not have that option.:) ..or do I..??:confused:;)

Reactions: Kent

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Open CCleaner > Options > Settings > Select "Automatically check for updates to CCleaner". Close X.

The next time you Open CCleaner, you'll get a notification about any new updates.

upload_2014-9-27_13-57-31.png

Additionally, you will see this (bottom right of window). Click on this New version! Click to download*

upload_2014-9-27_14-0-33.png

If you do not wish to allow CCleaner to check for updates. (ie. Automatically check for updates to CCleaner is de-selected)

upload_2014-9-27_14-1-41.png

Click on Check for Updates* in the bottom right on the window.

upload_2014-9-27_13-59-13.png

* This will open a new tab in your default web browser.

upload_2014-9-27_14-3-50.png

Choose "No thanks" for Free version.

upload_2014-9-27_14-6-6.png

Last edited:
Reactions: MalwareT
ا

الشمس

i totally dislike the new feature : active monitoring & system monitoring :mad:

now when you close c cleaner it gets minimized to system tray by default :mad:

piriform ruined the simplicity of c cleaner.

anyways it was nice knowing you c cleaner :p r.i.p.

p.s. :

c cleaner version 4.18.4842 digital signature 25th september

c cleaner version 4.18.4844 digital signature 26th september

an update in exactly 24 hours.

i have been using c cleaner since years & i have never seen piriform roll out an update in 1

day since the previous version.

Last edited by a moderator:

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011

i totally dislike the new feature : active monitoring & system monitoring :mad:

now when you close c cleaner it gets minimized to system tray by default :mad:

piriform ruined the simplicity of c cleaner.

anyways it was nice knowing you c cleaner :p r.i.p.

p.s. :

c cleaner version 4.18.4842 digital signature 25th september

c cleaner version 4.18.4844 digital signature 26th september

an update in exactly 24 hours.

i have been using c cleaner since years & i have never seen piriform roll out an update in 1

day since the previous version.

I'm totally with you.
That's why I'm stick with my portable CCleaner version I have .. v4.17.4808.

ps - what is your nick, then?

Reactions: Raul90
ا

الشمس

Thanks for the info

you are always welcome chief :)

I'll stay with whichever version I have, http://filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/58195/

from the filehippo link it seems you got version 4.16 the active monitoring thingy is from version 4.18

quote " CCleaner version 4.18 is now ready for download!
In this release, we've added one of our most requested features to the free version- Active System Monitoring. While not as powerful as the Professional version, CCleaner Free can now monitor your system in the background and detect when to Clean based on space that can be saved. " unquote

source : http://www.piriform.com/blog

That's why I'm stick with my portable CCleaner

i tried privazer & totally disliked it. am switching over to c cleaner portable as you suggested.

Reactions: Prorootect

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Hey, but I use too: WISE Disk Cleaner and WISE Registry Cleaner .. look on my topics about, here on MT, please ..

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
CCleaner is very good. I am using it since last 4-5 years. Never had a problem with it. The latest version has realtime feature which I don't like. I will revert to old one.

Striker

Level 7
Verified
Mar 27, 2013
CCleaner is very good. I am using it since last 4-5 years. Never had a problem with it. The latest version has realtime feature which I don't like. I will revert to old one.
U can turn this funktion off. :)

Raul90

Level 14
Feb 5, 2012
Active monitoring & system monitoring I too don't like as it's getting a bit towards the tune of TuneUp Utilities. That is the reason why I kept away from TuneUp. When I installed ver4.18.4842 I was surprised to see that CCleaner is always there. I disabled it via msconfig but when I use CCleaner it stays there after it's done. You'd have to exit it manually even if I have disabled it in the Advanced settings. Have went back to ver4.17.4808 in the meantime. Just my two cents.

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
If you speak of 'Active monitoring & system monitoring' security tools, look on my topic on MT here, please ..

ا

الشمس

Active monitoring & system monitoring I too don't like as it's getting a bit towards the tune of TuneUp Utilities. That is the reason why I kept away from TuneUp.

bingo ;) as always you nailed it on the head raul.

When I installed ver4.18.4842 I was surprised to see that CCleaner is always there. I disabled it via msconfig but when I use CCleaner it stays there after it's done. You'd have to exit it manually even if I have disabled it in the Advanced settings.

version 4.18.4842 probably had a problem which is why version 4.18.4844 was rolled out in record time.

Have went back to ver4.17.4808 in the meantime.

if you like you can download c cleaner portable that way you can have the latest version & no active monitoring.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
from the filehippo link it seems you got version 4.16 the active monitoring thingy is from version 4.18

I know, I am using an older version without any real-time functionality. All versions of CCleaner work on Windows, even the oldest of the old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.