Chromatinfish 123's Config

Do you think my items are okay?

• Yes, they are secure

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • Most, but some are not

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I should really reconsider what I chose (feel free to choose)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
I just downloaded Zemana AntiLogger to my system to take advantage of the twitter 90 day free giveaway. Also, my system didn't stop the tests I threw at them. AntiLogger blocked them flawlessly!

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
I think you need a couple more browsers ;) :D

What do you have in place for backups of the system itself?
Nothing YET. Trying to search for a decent one that can back up to the cloud. Windows Backup to Flash Drive/CD-DVD was a nightmare! It ran through 10 DVDs and took 5 days to completely back up!

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
Installed AntiLogger by Zemana right now a few moments ago so I'll be ready for the PM saying, "You've won a key" from Malware Tips.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I think you need a couple more browsers ;) :D

What do you have in place for backups of the system itself?

If you do see yourself adding, as illumination's pun states,:) 'a couple more browsers' to your thoroughbred stable, consider using portable versions. This is a good method for new software too because they are extracted onto an external "stick" drive which leaves more room freed up on your system.:cool:

@Chromatinfish 123, if Windows imaging seemed overly involved perhaps keeping in mind that you only have to secure files, photos, & documents, you'd prefer to keep might save you a lot of chore like work rather than trying to save everything from the coming flood.:oops: Applications & especially bloatware can be jettisoned into cyberspace, & easily replaced!:D
I just downloaded Zemana AntiLogger to my system to take advantage of the twitter 90 day free giveaway. Also, my system didn't stop the tests I threw at them. AntiLogger blocked them flawlessly!

Zemana AntiLogger remains the sole prized giveaway I'd come away with shortly after I'd joined. Thanks Jack!:D I have liked it even though someo_O have dismissed it.;)

If you're truly interested in testing while also being able to back up your system while keeping it safe, a popular & necessary tool that's free (..& sounds like a lot of fun!):rolleyes: is Oracle's Virtual Box. You can read about & maybe even download it at Softpedia, a site I've learned & read good things about here on MT.;) http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/VirtualBox.shtml
Also on my free wish list is Time Freeze http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/Toolwiz-Time-Freeze.shtml You can read about it and download, or <click> on the developer's home page to download it directly from them.

A software I was introduced to by members & staff here which, in turn, introduced me to virtual containment (like suiting up your browser in a protective ski bib) is what I am using right now. Sandboxie www.sandboxie.com

Thank you for sharing your configuration.:cool:

Reactions: Chromatinfish 123

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
I just changed my config. I deleted SAS and MBAM because I installed EAM, and replaced Avast! with Bitdefender. I am testing a new config to see if there is any changes. The computer feels lighter already!

Looks like Bitdefender on my computer is lighter than Avast!

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
If you do see yourself adding, as illumination's pun states,:) 'a couple more browsers' to your thoroughbred stable, consider using portable versions. This is a good method for new software too because they are extracted onto an external "stick" drive which leaves more room freed up on your system.:cool:

@Chromatinfish 123, if Windows imaging seemed overly involved perhaps keeping in mind that you only have to secure files, photos, & documents, you'd prefer to keep might save you a lot of chore like work rather than trying to save everything from the coming flood.:oops: Applications & especially bloatware can be jettisoned into cyberspace, & easily replaced!:D

Zemana AntiLogger remains the sole prized giveaway I'd come away with shortly after I'd joined. Thanks Jack!:D I have liked it even though someo_O have dismissed it.;)

If you're truly interested in testing while also being able to back up your system while keeping it safe, a popular & necessary tool that's free (..& sounds like a lot of fun!):rolleyes: is Oracle's Virtual Box. You can read about & maybe even download it at Softpedia, a site I've learned & read good things about here on MT.;) http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/VirtualBox.shtml
Also on my free wish list is Time Freeze http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/Toolwiz-Time-Freeze.shtml You can read about it and download, or <click> on the developer's home page to download it directly from them.

A software I was introduced to by members & staff here which, in turn, introduced me to virtual containment (like suiting up your browser in a protective ski bib) is what I am using right now. Sandboxie www.sandboxie.com

Thank you for sharing your configuration.:cool:
Thanks @Cats-4_Owners-2. I actually used to use Sandboxie, but everything seemed 5X as slow inside of it. Very confusing interface too.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Chromatinfish 123, early this morning, my wife said that while I'd still been in bed asleep, Firefox alerted her, she "..must first enable Java Script" in order for her to conduct commerce on Amazon. After she exited the sandbox, she explained, she had no further problems.:rolleyes: So, although the Windows 7 lap top she was frustrated with had not been able to shut down properly before she'd even begun her session, I came to a firm realization.o_O Since she was convinced it was Sanboxie's fault, and was therefore attempting not to place blame upon her considerate helpful husband;) who'd just happened to have pulled the plug on the AC adapter before rather than after snapping her battery into place when the computer was moved to the next room, she must surely be right!:cool: Sometimes, I can resist the urge to speak! ..and whenever software even appears to break man & machine's Cardinal rule of "Thy computer shalt not behave slow or confusing", I will support you (and especially my wife!:):)) and, in turn, feel gladdened whenever systems work better, faster, and feel lighter!:p:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.